• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Most embarrassing obesity moment!

LBD

This isn't meant in any way to humiliate or embarass anyone but a post on another thread made me think of it. I really hope everyone takes it in the right spirit! (I think I am getting paranoid with all what's been going on the boards today).

What has been your most weight related embarrassment?

Mine was a midwife who thought I was pregnant! She was visiting me and started chatting to me, asking when my baby was due and that I was obviously almost there! I was so embarrassed that I just went along with it as I couldn't bring myself to tell her that I wasn't in fact pregnant and hadn't been for a number of years! lol

There have been other times when children have asked why my tummy is so big!

Lisa x

Ive had loads of moments. Not being able to get through a turnstile cos i was too fat. Not been able to get fastened in on a ride, having to get an extension on my seatbelt on the plane, and the table tray wouldnt go down properly. These were a few years a go now. But theres always moments

Hi LBD
Mine was when I was at the Doctors . I was sitting behind a man with a child on his knee the child turned to his dad and said , look dad that woman is fatter than you . The man told him to shout up but I told him to leave him a loan because kids tell the truth . I was very very red faced .
Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

Hi - Mine was going to Alton Towers on a first date with a guy...we went on one of the rides, and because of my weight and my dates weight (I have to say he was a little bigger than me) they couldnt fasten us in...we had to walk off shame-faced, what made it worse was about 20 mins later, I got a call from my best friend who said her sister had been at there that day and had seen everything! haha...not even 100 miles from home am I safe! haha I did think it was funny though :D

Lovely pair of pink and grey Cami trousers ( how I loved them). Until I was in the centre of the city, totally crowded. Button popped off, trousers fell down to just below my knickers. My tummy was on display and everything.:ashamed0005:

I had similar experience.

When my now 19 year old was 6 I gave her a tea party for 5 of her friends. The next day one of the mothers came over to me at the school gate and thanked me for the party. Then she seem to take great pleasure in telling me that her daughter asked when my baby was coming, and how she had to explain I wasn't having a baby I was just over weight.

The other things are going into a cafe with them seats and tables that you can`t move out and you have to wedge yourself into it . And on the plane having to ask for the extra belt then the hostess comes around and tells you to put the armrest down and your like a stuffed turkey in the seat shame shame i wouldnt even try and put the tray down i used the ex hubbies . The is an awful lot of things if you sit and think about them .
Margaret xx

Hiya
one of the worst things is not being able to get the tray down on a plane, and if you can, it is so far jammed into your stomach that you are too uncomfortable to eat anyway. I also had to use my husbands tray, which is embarrassing in itself.
MNL

I had similar experience.

When my now 19 year old was 6 I gave her a tea party for 5 of her friends. The next day one of the mothers came over to me at the school gate and thanked me for the party. Then she seem to take great pleasure in telling me that her daughter asked when my baby was coming, and how she had to explain I wasn't having a baby I was just over weight.

Aww no Pinky - how nasty was she?! Grrr nasty bleugh!

Came back off maternity leave and 6 months later (9 months after baby born) attended a board meeting. Former CEO (a very nice man) comes up and says "So are you excited about the big day?"... I said "Sorry... what do you mean?".... he says again "You must be excited about the big day coming up".. and I say .. "Actually XXX I had the baby six months ago"... he literally walked backwards and said nothing else.

i went on a school trip ( i work in a special needs school!) we went to visit a miniture train place they had an old pub style bench as old as me i hasten to add by the way!! my friend was already sitting on there i plonked myself next to her in the middle and the seat gave way and snaped in the middle we both fall on top of each other lol!! The old guys who were anarocks in trains looked at each other as if to say fat cow lol i thought it was funny but it was half and half old wood bench and me being fat lol!!!

Hi everyone, your post are great, Most peple just do not understand what it is like to be over weight. I have had the same experiances with the seat belts, tables, squeezed in like sardeens on the plane, and the air stewards looking at you with disgust. My worse moment was wen I went shopping for a top and was told that the shop did not do tops that big, cheeky sods. Mandy x

My most embarrassing moment would have to be when i was too heavy to go on the wii fit at a party. I was mortified!

I remember I was waiting for my then boyfriend to finish work as a gardener, the people who owned the house invited me to sit on the patio with them and have a drink, I sat on one of those moulded plastic chairs and all the legs went in different directions. He finished with me not long after that to go out with their slut of a daughter. But it still wasn't enough to make me lose weight sigh xxx

I was at work one day and the inside leg of my trousers split...too embarrassed to tell anyone, i went to the toilets with stapler and fixed them myself. I was in agony all day and it was only once i got home and got undressed i could see, the staples had cut me to bits. I know it wasnt embarrassing cos no-one saw it but cos of my embarrassment i was in agony all day. Seems like someone else i'm talking about.....but it was me x x x

Mine was Alton Towers on the Air ride I sat in the seat and they came to check you were locked in but I wasnt so the tried again but had to come back cause the computer said mine still wasnt locked properly. I looked the young lad in the eyes and said fasten it cause I aint getting of lol so I breathed in and I said now slam it, he did and the locks caught my skin on my hip area oooooo they did bleed a bit but I would rather that than have to do the fat walk of shame lol

A brill thread, I think we can all probably relate to a lot of these situations. Another embarrassing moment was being sat in a Garden - yes those horrible little moulded plastic chairs. I fitted in but on standing up, the chair came with me, attached to my bum and legs.

Back