• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What will /did you look forward to most of all?

fjsinc

Its taken me a long time to come to terms with my decision to be refered for surgery. Like most people I have mixed emotions, I'm angry, scared, and unsure. In fact until very recently all of my emotions have been very negative. But I find there is as glimmer of positivity creeping in now, and as I looked up at Mount Snowden yesterday - I thought - I can't wait until I'll be able to get fit enough to climb that! I thought I was looking forward to being a mother, but actually I cant wait to get fit.

So what is or was the thing you looked to most of all post surgery?

Hi Fiona
I too took a long time to come to terms with needing a different option to lose weight - I am having a band a week today on 3 August. I am looking forward to looking in a mirror and seeing me again. The person I see and feel in my head has been missing in the mirror for about 8 years now and I miss her! Emotional journeys ahead, but good luck, it is all positive, even the scary bits. Tracey xxx

Hi Fiona,

I am being banded on the 1st Sept. Like you I am mixed emotions every day at the moment, so know how you feel.

I am looking forward to just feeling lighter and having more energy and just getting through the surgery!

Good luck with it all, we are all in the same boat

Jane x

I am looking forward to getting on my bicycle, riding up a hill and thinking "that wasn't as bad as it looked"

I am looking forward to getting a pair of leathers for my motorbike from a "normal" bike shop in the "normal" ladies section. Not trying to get men's clothes to fit or feeling like I am wearing a whole herd of cows.

I am looking forward to spending a happy life with my family and watching my young grandson grow up happily, without him having to worry if Grandma is going to be too fat or too unhealthy to play with him. Or even if she will be here when he grows up.

I'm looking forward to running on the treadmill. I'm so jealous when I see everyone else running while I'm staggering slowly xx

I am looking forward to be able to go into ANY clothes shop and if I see something I like knowing that if I really wanted it I could because they would have it in my size, and that it would look lovely, not having to worry would it show all my lumps and bumps! And looking lovely once more. I haven't since my early twentys!

Back