• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Most embarrassing obesity moment!

I am enjoying this thread! I have just recalled another horror story. Not long after I had my met husband we visited his parents who have a music room (sounds more glamorous than it is, believe me lol). I sat on a piano stool and starting playing the piano. As I was playing I felt myself moving. The legs of the stool were spreading outwards and I slowly but gracefully fell to the floor! lol How embarrassing, breaking your in-law's piano stool within a few weeks of knowing them! lol

Ooohh white plastic chairs. On holiday in Istanbul with a friend. We sat on the balcony one night enjoying gin and tonic - me in my pjs (not a pretty sight) I laughed, leaned back and the legs gave way - too quickly she took a picture of me! It was a funny experience and we laughed, but I am highly embarrassed and just want to be slimmer so I can laugh properly at it and maybe use it as my before picture!!

Being waxed!!!!!! as they pull the cotton strip your skin and fat being pulled in places not good lol

I suffered and still suffer with boils in my groin area...I was 17 and had just started working at the Home Office...I went into work one day with a pair of thin combat trousers on...sat down and one of my little friends popped and leaked...I went to the loo and couldnt hide the fact that it looked like I had wee'd myself...I had to go back and ask to go home (at 9.30), when asked the reason, I thought.."be honest" and tell my male boss the story...he didnt want to know and the day after we had a laugh about it! I often see him around at the airport and we always have a laugh about it...
Now in my older wiser days I would have said something else, but being new and nervous I thought honest was the best policy! haha

I suffered and still suffer with boils in my groin area...I was 17 and had just started working at the Home Office...I went into work one day with a pair of thin combat trousers on...sat down and one of my little friends popped and leaked...I went to the loo and couldnt hide the fact that it looked like I had wee'd myself...I had to go back and ask to go home (at 9.30), when asked the reason, I thought.."be honest" and tell my male boss the story...he didnt want to know and the day after we had a laugh about it! I often see him around at the airport and we always have a laugh about it...
Now in my older wiser days I would have said something else, but being new and nervous I thought honest was the best policy! haha

Ooooo boils, that sounds nasty.

oh and i also broke 2 chairs at school, swinging on them, in front of everyone. That was probably my worst moments. BLUSH!! Never lived that down.

I was having a private reading with a local and quite respected psychic medium, to be honest he was doing very well....until he looked down at my stomach and said to me "so how long til the big day then?", and then when I tried to ask him what he meant ( cos I hadn't clicked) he started waving his hands about and trying to get out of it. Not good.

Where to start, there are so many...one of them is when i went to visit my home in Bangladesh in 2007 my 4 year old cousin asked me why am i so fat infront of a huge number of relatives. I was so embarredes that i couldn't think of anything to say and i just laughed and told her that I am fat because i eat too much.... lol

Another is when i was getting married. I could heard some people passing comment about, they never saw a big fat bride like me :(

This probably isnt the worst, but when i had my eldest child i nearly died of blood loss, (nice happy start lol) I had to go to theatre for the whole stitch up thing, and when they took me to ICU and tried to put me onto the bed, (i was 25st at this point) they couldnt move me, so theres me, just given birth, nearly died, just been to theatre and in agony, having to try shift myself onto the bed. Ouch, very embarrassing, and hard work!!

I have two that spring to mind:
1) A few years ago I tripped over a pavement slab and cracked my head on a stone step. Ambulance was called and I was carted off to hospital. I walked into the ambulance ok but when I got to hospital they wanted to carry me off on a stretcher. I tried to insist I was ok to walk into the hospital but no they insisted and I remember four burly men trying to carry me on a stretcher into the hospital. As most people do (when they are dying of embarrassment inside) I made a joke about it.
2) On my wedding day we were having photos taken on the lawn outside the hotel and the photographer had just taken a photo of me and my young bridesmaids sitting seductively on the grass (well I think that was the image he was trying to portray). Afterwards as I tried to get up, I lost my balance, toppled backwards and landed on my back with legs akimbo (oh yes and I happened to pass wind at the same time!). Luckily no-one got that on camera or video. Mind you the £250 from You've Been Framed would have come in handy!

i think my worst moment was actually more upsetting than embarrasing. i was watching the programme on telly about the cery heavy man, i cant remember what it was called, was it something about how many tonne he weighed? anyway the guy was laying on his bed, he was extreemly wide with a little head on top and my son who was 5 said 'that looks like you mummy' i was gutted that my son saw me like that and at about 17 stone and 5 ft 7 i didnt think i was comparable to the guy. It did make me realise that I really had to do something about it.
Unfortunately since then I have put on more weight and i'm 2 stone heavier.

This is a great thread!!

There has been so many embarrasing times for me 2 that stick in my mind are

I was in labour with my daughter, im not sure how much I weighed but after she was born i weighed over 15stone, but while i was in labour i had to get an epidural (a needle into the spine) , and the doctor couldnt get the needle in the right place, so they had to phone a more experienced doctor to come in, when he got there, he done it after 4 attemps, had 5 in total and he said it wouldnt go in properly because of my weight, I was absolutely mortifed because at that time i didnt see myself as that big, and i certainly didnt think my back was fat!! his comment didnt register with me til after the birth.

Second was when i was in a busy public toilet with my 4 yr old and she was in the cubicle with me, she shouted out, mummy your bum is so big..i was mortifed.

:)

I'm the same with the baby, seat belts etc etc.... My funnniest but highly embarrassing moment was when my lovely lether executive chair at work collapsed with me on it!!! My most embarrassing was a few weeks ago in hospital when the porter rolled up to take to x-ray in a motorised double sized wheel chair! Not for much longer, roll on July 23rd. Love to you all, Debs

Hi Everybody
I just remembered another one after reading the last post . I was at the airport at Belfast waiting for the plane , well I had to get a wheelchair they came back with one I looked at it and said the is no chance of me getting into that . Well the ex hubby and my daughter said get into it I wedged myself into it and they pushed me to the cafe to get a cuppa before the flight . I was going to stand up to sit in a chair when I put my legs down to stand up the blinking thing was stuck to my bum and the was a load of fellas behind me laughing I couldn't look at them or I would of flung the chair at them I was mortified. It put me in an awful mood and I WOULDNT GO BACK IN IT . I am sitting here laughing at it .
MARGARET XX

Some really interesting replies. Some of you have had some terrible moments. Theres some really thoughtless, awful people out there waiting to put us down. But we'll have the last laugh! xxx

iv had a few iv broken my mates sofa then a few weeks after stood on here decking and my foot went thru it i was soooo embarrassed she was great about it but luckily i was pre op then so knew it wouldnt happen again

iv also been totally embarrassed by a dr who said i was to fat for him to ultrasound or help at all i have never been as mortified in my life and doubt i will be

:D IVE BROKEN A FEW TOILET SEATS IN MY TIME LOL :eek:

Back