• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Motivations

Adorabelle

Hello Ladies and Gents! I've been reading through the forum for a logn time before I decided to join.
There is one thing that is rarely CLEARLY said : what are your dark motives for losing weight ;)
Of course, we all want to be healthy and not be a slave to food anymore..But then, what else?
My dark motives are:
1° I'm a professional, I manage a small team, but I never "dress to kill". Yup, I want to wear fancy suits like the other ladies! Being really tall and "chubby" makes it hard to find formal wear for the office.
2° I want to run. I've never ran in my whole life. I used to be more active when I was in college, but I want to run at least 10k someday. Or swim 10 k..Or do whatever athletic challenge that will make me proud of myself.
3° I want to play with my kids. Guess who was watching the kids and dad having fun in the snow last month, but could not join? Yeah, poor big ol' fat me, because it's hard for me to pick up things from the ground and run around. I just can't keep up with my daughter and I wish I could play with her more.
4°I want to look younger. My partner is 7 yrs younger and model skinny, with abs to kill for. I'm getting worried that my comfy-yet-flabby body makes me look much older than him (instead of just a little ;) )
5°I just want my body not to get in the way ALL the friggin' time. How embarrasing is it to have a chair go "spoinngggg" when you get up or being afraid of breaking your own couche (true story).
6° I want a better intimate life. Yeah, not only do I have body image issues, I cannot move around the way I used to and wish to...
Now tell me about yours!

Hello Ladies and Gents! I've been reading through the forum for a logn time before I decided to join.
There is one thing that is rarely CLEARLY said : what are your dark motives for losing weight ;)
Of course, we all want to be healthy and not be a slave to food anymore..But then, what else?
My dark motives are:
1° I'm a professional, I manage a small team, but I never "dress to kill". Yup, I want to wear fancy suits like the other ladies! Being really tall and "chubby" makes it hard to find formal wear for the office.
2° I want to run. I've never ran in my whole life. I used to be more active when I was in college, but I want to run at least 10k someday. Or swim 10 k..Or do whatever athletic challenge that will make me proud of myself.
3° I want to play with my kids. Guess who was watching the kids and dad having fun in the snow last month, but could not join? Yeah, poor big ol' fat me, because it's hard for me to pick up things from the ground and run around. I just can't keep up with my daughter and I wish I could play with her more.
4°I want to look younger. My partner is 7 yrs younger and model skinny, with abs to kill for. I'm getting worried that my comfy-yet-flabby body makes me look much older than him (instead of just a little ;) )
5°I just want my body not to get in the way ALL the friggin' time. How embarrasing is it to have a chair go "spoinngggg" when you get up or being afraid of breaking your own couche (true story).
6° I want a better intimate life. Yeah, not only do I have body image issues, I cannot move around the way I used to and wish to...
Now tell me about yours!

1. To fit in. I don't want my high school friends to say " what happened to you"?
2. To feel attractive, although this might not happen because of my age.
3. I want to buy clothes that look ok on me, rather than ill-fitting sacks and track pants.
4. I don't want to break any more chairs.

Hi there Adorabelle. Mine are (not including health reasons which I also believe are a given!) :

1. Conceive, hopefully, if I'm not too late biologically :cry:(41 in May)
2. In order for the above to happen I need to meet a nice man who also wants children so hopefully some weight loss will give me the confidence to meet someone - I'm pretty much a hermit at the moment!
3. I have suffered discrimination at work in terms of how I look so when I have lost a bit of the weight I will start looking for another job.
4. I would like to comfortably fit in a plane seat and not have to ask for a belt extender
5. To go back to dancing (don't want to go in my current lardy state - too embarrassed) and I would also like to take up running (I joined a beginners group last Autumn but had to drop out due to injuries to knee)
6. To be able to fit into a normal sized range of clothes - i.e. max 16-18 would be good and to be able to fit in to nice/sexy underwear
7. To not be the biggest person at anything I go to - this happens alot - and I am the biggest person in my group of friends
8. Not be the biggest person on holiday - around the pool/on the beach etc
9. Like myself in photographs other people take of me!
10. To be able to eat without guilt in front of other people
11. To not have random men say to me "oh, you could be gorgeous if you lost some weight"

The most important one for me is that I would love to have a child before it's too late. But this is also dependent on meeting someone (unless my best friend who is gay wants to come to some mutual arrangement!). And I don't feel confident to go back to dating until I've lost a good chunk of the weight :eek:

12. Being able to easily do up heeled shoes with a strap/buckle (and walk in them a bit easier?!)
13. Being able to maintain my bikini line with ease

Last edited:
1 - I have a chronic spine problem and cannot exercise very well, so the weight has piled on.
2 - I want to sit down without my belly resting on my legs.
3 - I don’t want to continue living in men’s elasticated waist jogging pants.
4 – Ive noticed that on our many, many holidays there is no record of me being there as I won’t have my pic taken
5 - I don’t want the stares from people
6 - I want to be able to sit comfortably in an airline seat
7 – To be able to get up off the floor once Ive gotten down there.
8 – I want to be able to climb a hill/stairs without stopping all the time for a rest.
9 - I want my GP to stop saying “Well, you need to lose some weight”
10 - I have some amazing clothes that I used to wear and have saved telling myself that I WILL get into them one day……………Well that day will be in 2013.

To be able to move around more and have extra energy

Fit in to nice clothes, size 14 would be nice

To play more with the boys as I burn out quick

For my boys not to have oversized mum

From a few years I stated to feel the discomfort in my knee joints and recently my ankles, NOT GOOD

Towel more confident in myself with the self esteem to match like I used to have

I am not going to be fat & 50 (nov 2013)

I am tall and always the biggest in all ways in our group of friends, I don't want to be!

I don't want to break anymore toilet seat

I have arthritis is spine, knees and feet and carrying extra weight gives me constant pain

I go to a zumba class and I am always beetroot red and wet thru with sweat at the end of it, the other girls just glow and their clothes are still dry :( I get terribly embarrased)

I want to feel good in my skin and feel sexy, which I don't now

I knew I had to do something about my weight when I got left behind because I couldn't clamber over a wooden fence with the rest of my camera club - so being able to climb a fence is my dark motive!

Apart from just to be healthy

1. I'd REALLY like another child but i'm single and have NO confidence to get out there or let alone date anyone.

2. I want to stop breaking my beds :(

3. I want to do things with my boys like leave the country for the first time in my life(i'm 32)

4. I want to turn heads when I walk down the road for all the right reasons.

5. I want to cross my legs or just put them on the sofa without it feeling like an aerobics class.

6. I want to be a size 12

To like what I see when I walk past a mirror.
To run, even 1 mile
To feel good in my clothes
To shock a friend who I haven't seen in 2 years!
To have a healthy happy future x

I want to be a size 8 and maintain it forever.

I want to be able to not turn to food for comfort, boredom, emotional upset and any other reason that I convince myself that it's just the one slip-up.

I want to not have to say I'll start again tomorrow and eat healthy then, I don't want to even think that way. Tomorrow never came in the past.

I want to think like a thin person.

I am making progress to all of the above :eek: and it's great :D

- I would like to buy really nice clothes out of top shop or the high street shops
- I'm married but I would like other men to look at me like I'm a good looking woman
- I want to be able to have another child but I've been trying all year and haven't succeeded (I'm 25) and I think it's because of my weight
- I want to not be jealous of every pretty woman my husband talks to because I don't have confidence in myself
- I don't want to hate myself anymore

Deliberately not listing health benefits here as this is a FOR ME list

1 To fit into any chair/plane seat comfortably and not feel so stressed about breaking the darn thing.
2 to be able to buy a pair if high heel knee high boots
3 to not stick out like a sore thumb any more at parties and in crowds
4 to be able to shop till I drop for clothes that actually fit and suit me without all the stress that comes with being overweight
5 to be able to go on top for a change:angeldevil:
6 to never ever ever break another loo seat again.. Or at least not to feel embarrassed by doing so ever again

• To be able to wipe my bum without contortions – Now I can
  • To fit into an airline seat without an extender – Now I can
  • To be able to walk upstairs one step after another using alternate legs, instead of both feet to one step like a toddler – Now I can
  • To be able to reach the glove compartment in my car with my seat belt done up – Now I can
  • To stop kids looking at the fat lady waddling down the street – Now they don’t
  • To stop being invisible when I want to be noticed – Now I am
  • To stop having to buy clothes because they fitted, and not because they suited me – Now I can
  • To make my ex-husband think twice about the reasons he broke his vows – I saw him today for the first time in 2 years and his reaction was a joy to behold.
  • To be confident enough to make a fresh start with a new man – Now I think I’m ready

These are just a few examples, and I hope it inspires anyone new starting their journey.

Just as an extra boost – this week I was in town, and force of habit made me wander into Evans. A new member of staff came up to me and asked “are you buying for someone else?” Joy. (I am now a size 14, nearly 12)

I am loving this thread ! ... Some great goals and achievments :)

Well ill list a few of my dark ones ;)

1) not to put a hip or shoulder out trying to wipe my bottom
2) To buy a pair of boots knowing they will go round my calves
3) to sit in the chair at the hairsalon and be able to look at the beautiful face in the mirror
4) to be able to get lifted up thrown around a bit during bedroom antics ;)
5) To hug my knees ! ...

Im sure there are more but these make a good start xxx

[*]To be able to wipe my bum without contortions - Now I can
[*]To fit into an airline seat without an extender - Now I can
[*]To be able to walk upstairs one step after another using alternate legs, instead of both feet to one step like a toddler - Now I can
[*]To be able to reach the glove compartment in my car with my seat belt done up - Now I can
[*]To stop kids looking at the fat lady waddling down the street - Now they don't
[*]To stop being invisible when I want to be noticed - Now I am
[*]To stop having to buy clothes because they fitted, and not because they suited me - Now I can
[*]To make my ex-husband think twice about the reasons he broke his vows - I saw him today for the first time in 2 years and his reaction was a joy to behold.
[*]To be confident enough to make a fresh start with a new man - Now I think I'm ready

These are just a few examples, and I hope it inspires anyone new starting their journey.

Just as an extra boost - this week I was in town, and force of habit made me wander into Evans. A new member of staff came up to me and asked "are you buying for someone else?" Joy. (I am now a size 14, nearly 12)

More details on the "ex encounter" please x

I am loving this thread ! ... Some great goals and achievments :)

Well ill list a few of my dark ones ;)

1) not to put a hip or shoulder out trying to wipe my bottom
2) To buy a pair of boots knowing they will go round my calves
3) to sit in the chair at the hairsalon and be able to look at the beautiful face in the mirror
4) to be able to get lifted up thrown around a bit during bedroom antics ;)
5) To hug my knees ! ...

Im sure there are more but these make a good start xxx

No 4.........50 shades?

;) ... Already done that way before the book came out ;) hahahha ;)

One more thing!

Last thursday, my very cute and dainty beautician confessed to me that she had a bypass last year and lost 120lbs... I thought "wow, she was not born this way!". She then told me that she understood my fears and concerns but that it turned her life around. She also told me her tities dwindled into near nothingness..Erm...That's my best asset at the moment,so I'll have to watch them out! I'm ready to trade my 38DD for a size 10 butt...

1. not to want to hide / destroy or not be in family photographs
2. for my son not to remember mummy as she is now
3. to be within weight limits to do things like indoor sky diving, go ape, etc and be able take my little one when he is a couple of years older.
4. to be able to buy a pair of knee high boots and be able to do them up ... .rather than have inexcusably big calves / thighs
5. to WANT to clothes shop and have the choice from high street stores of anything I desire
6. not to feel the outsider / have to make excuses why I don't do things..

Back