• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Moving too fast.

DEANO76

Hi, im 5 days post sleeve op and not sure if im moving too fast. Im on the liquid stage still, first few days i found it hard to drink water, now it is too easy. A 500ml bottle off water i can drink in a couple of mins now quite easily sipping. I dont get any pain or discomfort. Surely if theres no pain or discomfort i cant be doing anything wrong?

Im a big bloke 6' 3" and stocky and around 34 stone now so perhaps the surgeon gave me a slightly larger sleeve. I had 250ml of soup earlier and ate that no problem as well and could prob have eaten more. :cry: I never because i wasnt hungry, just eating because i know i have to.

Is/has anybody else been finding it easy to eat/drink at this stage.

Thanks Dean.

My friend had a bypass 4 months ago and has never had any problems drinking, she has never had to sip and she drinks like she did pre op, I on the other hand am 2 and a half months out and struggle with every sip. We had the same surgeon at the same hospital. We are losing at the same rate and both have fab restriction. I wouldn't worry about it, I'd see it as an advantage, at least you can get you fluids in, mine is currently 450mls so far today! I struggle!

My friend had a bypass 4 months ago and has never had any problems drinking, she has never had to sip and she drinks like she did pre op, I on the other hand am 2 and a half months out and struggle with every sip. We had the same surgeon at the same hospital. We are losing at the same rate and both have fab restriction. I wouldn't worry about it, I'd see it as an advantage, at least you can get you fluids in, mine is currently 450mls so far today! I struggle!

Thanks very much for that i was a bit panicky. Good luck with getting the fluids in.

Sorry hun I cant help - someone will be by soon with some advice, have you rang your provider for advice.
I had a wrap and can just about manage 125ml of anything I am about 12days post op. But seeing as your a guy and bigger then you can prob tolerate slightly larger portions :) as long as you're not too full or in any pain - but call your team anyway xx

Liquids slide through,wait till you start eating meat!

Dean076,

Your overall sleeve capacity depends more on the original length of your stomach ... as you have said you are a tall / big bloke of 6' 3" it is likely you had a larger original stomach size. Whilst your surgeon has now made that into a very narrow tube, it may be a longer tube than more petite ladies.

This is probably why you are having less problems than others getting your water intake -- view this as a bonus, at least you are not struggling !!

Back