• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

mp604's gastric band journey

Glad you told him! I really don't know how some manage to keep things like this a secret, guess I'm just a blab-a-mouth and want the world to know though :) I know some worry about others reactions but you know it's our bodies, our lives etc etc they can always 'do one' if they can't be supportive! Just get plenty of rest now and prepare for your journey to skinnyness! :)
I had 2wk off work and at that I was tired but coped. Plenty only have 1 week off tho, but you must take it easy particularly if could put you at risk of doing further damage!!!! Good luck this week :)

Hey guys!
Sorry for being M.I.A. past two days, i've been going through a rollercoaster of emotions etc. The incision site pain and not being able to drive had led to me becoming stircrazy and bored very quickly despite books, flims, tv and naps. The liquid diet is torture lol, desperate to bite and chew on anything! It's worrying how much my hunger is based on my emotions and boredom level though...i'm not even managing to take in the recommended 2litres of fluid a day and yet my mind is a monster still craving cheese,pizza, bagels and everything else tempting around the house to make myself feel better :S

Having moments of 'what the hell have i done' etc but its to be expected i guess. Had a strange turn in the bathroom this eve which freaked me out...was brushing my teeth and all of a sudden head felt woozy like i was drunk and nauseous, broke out in a sweat and ended up dryheaving over the loo. Shouted for dad who was great and helped me to bed but scary. Hope that was a random one off occurence.

Oh well hopefully tomorrow will be better and i'll be more my usual perky self x

Hope you are feeling better now x

Hi hun. I hope your ok. Things will get better. I read something once about post op blues. It said the build up was so intense and exciting and scary that afterwards some people got the blues as there was no build up to anything anymore. It will pass. You'll start to feel better. Ask your chemist or gp for dissolvable co codamol. 8/500. This will help much more with the pain than paracetamol. It's advised you take for 4 days max as they can be addictive. Sleep through it. You will be ok!!! And keep picturing yourself as a skinny mini by summer!!!!! ;) xx

Back