• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The great band journey

So another week another 1lb gone! I'm one of the lucky ones, my band works well, although I have lost a lot of the weight myself, since this last fill I'm losing with no effort from myself at all. I'm now 8st 11lb which is a lb below goal, and this is me in my dress for my vow renewal in December. Was a bit gutted I had to buy a 12, but I'm reasonably confident they are small sized as I'm normally a size 8-10. In fact sometimes a 6 fits on top! Just have to be careful not to lose too much in the next 4 weeks as they didn't have a smaller one :-/

You look so lovely x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

So vowel renewal went perfectly and I felt great x Las Vegas was amazing, we did all the proper touristy stuff, and even bought a selfie stick!
Weight wise things are good, I'm 8st 8lb which is 4lb below goal, and I'd like to lose at least one more before my band anniversary, which is Feb 3rd so very doable! In fact am thinking 8 stone 4 would be a good weight that would be a 6 1/2 stone loss... Not too shabby, but that's 4lb away, and with Christmas... I just don't know, I'm not following any diet and just eat what I want so I think if I want 4lb I might need to be strict with myself in the new year, we'll see!!

Well guys today is the day! One year since my band was fitted, and happily for me it has been a real success! I've lost a total of 6st 6lb which is 1/2 a stone more than my original target weight!
I weighed in this morning at 8st 5lb! I've never in my adult life been this weight!
In fact today I need to go shopping as my size 10 work trousers are too big!
I've interviewed at uni for a place on midwifery and am currently waiting to hear if I get an interview for nursing!
What a difference a year makes!

Wow that's amazing moo! Who knew what this day would have in store for you a year ago! Hope you're celebrating your wonderful achievement today x

Hi, I've loved reading your diary from start to finish today and following your journey. You've done so so well and looked amazing in your dress. Its given me the boost I needed today. I'm in the exact same place you were a year ago - Had my band on the 3rd Feb and feeling like i've been kicked by a horse and very emotional. Made me feel so much more positive of where I could be in a years time.
Well done to you xx

Hi moo, well done to you. I am thinking of renewing bows in Vegas this year, any advice as never been before?

Good luck with the nursing place, after your hard work with the weight loss you are more than ready go to uni. Your weight loss has been amazing and you have had an amazing year. The world is your oyster go grab it with both hands.

Alison, Vegas was amazing, we used the little white wedding chapel I believe it's the one Brittany spears got married in, it was lovely. Staff were friendly, elvis was fab!
Everything there is VERY pricey, it's all aimed at tourists! We did the Grand Canyon flight and booked direct with papillon through there website, don't be tempted to save a few quid by flying from Boulder city, I beleive it's quite a trek to get there! Again staff were amazing, and even upgraded us from lowest fly over option to top package with champagne and limo, plus they gave us front seats for free!! The sellers on the street will tell you papillon don't fly from Vegas, but they do, it was a 5 minute limo ride from our hotel (Luxor).
I loved the volcano at the mirage, it's not spoken about like the bellagio fountains, but I thought it was just as, if not more spectacular. I also loved the gondola ride in the Venetian (inside) we had the guide Tao and he was wonderful, singing to us and stuff!
There are no such things as free vouchers, people will offer you some, but will try and sell you a timeshare, you never get the vouchers! Just say no and keep walking!
I did the zip wire down Fremont st, which was an experience!! And the mob museum was really interesting too. Oh my, there really is so much, just embrace everything.

Hello Lou, my band birthday buddy :) . How are you feeling? The first few days were bloody awful! I hope your starting to feel better now? How much do you have to lose? Where was your surgery?

We'll I thought I'd pop in and say hi
Things are still going well for me! I am still below my original goal of 8 12 and tend to hover between 8 5 and 8 8. I'd love to lose a few more lbs but in truth lack the motivation to do it! Which is crap really, need to give myself a proper kick up the ass!!
Does the fear of regaining the weight ever go away?

Hi moo!! Well done..no I think the battle goes on for a lifetime!! I look like an anorexic but I worry a pound on leads to another and another..just like the old fat days!! Once you have a system that works for you keep at it x

Back