• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Port wound worries

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
A week after my band, I got an infection in my port site wound and had anti biotics from GP. I'm now 4 weeks post op and my wound has still not knitted together. It is clean and not infected anymore, just really slow healing. But, my worry is...I'm having my first fill on thursday, will they still do it if my wound is not healed properly?
Has anyone one had a similar experience? Any advice? I'd appreciate it! x

Hi Sweetie, I have not personally had experience of this, I would get on the phone to your team asap and see what they say or you will be worrying about it.

after my first port replacement i had massive bruising at the port they diddnt do my fill the first appoinment untill the bruising had gone down so im guessing if theres an infection there and it hasnt healed theremay be no fill for you but ill keep my fingers crossed!xx

When I had port trouble ( for those of u that dont know I had my port sight revised because my port had turned upside down and therefore I couldnt have a fill until this had been corrected) it took a little longer for the scar too heal but it did buy the time I went back for 2nd fill ( was November) Why not go and see your gp and get some more antibiotics to just too be on the safe side,at least if u dont get the fill you can say too the person who does ur fill that you had been back too your gp and they didnt seem too think there would be a problem, ( may count in ur favour if they question the fill, Hope this makes sense,lol) fingers crossed you get healed in super duper time - All the best - Me Julie xx

Back