• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

multivitamins..which one?

indianlight

Hi,

Since my bypass i've been taking bassets everyday health multivitamins, but on closer inspection these are missing b1.

My dietician has specified they must have b1, b12 & folic acid.

Can you suggest a better one I can take? oh, it must be chewy or dissolvable, i just can't swallow tablets whole(not bypass related) xx

Sorry didn't want to read and run, I take fortival and I've heard they are one of the best but not for you as they are very large and extremeley hard to swallow hope someone helps you soon, good luck x

The best ones are Forceval and Ketovite, both prescription only. Forceval are large but they are gel caps, not sure what Ketovite are like.

LOL...are forceval crunchable?? i usually do that to most tablets!!! xx

hmm if they are like a jelly can't i chew them? or am i grasping at straws...lol

I have just been prescribed Forceval and my GP says if I struggle I can break the tablet up and mix with food.

Last edited:
I am still pre-op but I take Berocca multi-vits which are disolvable (they do 2 types 1 disolves and the other is a tablet).

They are not cheap though :cry: so I often buy the Sainsbury's copies (called Revive I think) and Tesco do somthing similar too.

I really think they are good (disolve them in a small tumbler of NAS orange squash) but be warned - they make your wee really bright orange :eek: When I first took them I thought that there was somthing wrong with me!

love

TillyBob

I take the Multivitamin from Boots. Seems to be doing me well so far and they are tiiiiiiny! Should check the ingredients though as didnt know that it had to contain B12 etc

Hi,

Since my bypass i've been taking bassets everyday health multivitamins, but on closer inspection these are missing b1.

Can you suggest a better one I can take? oh, it must be chewy or dissolvable, i just can't swallow tablets whole(not bypass related) xx

Are you able to get them on prescription from your gp? x

Hi,

Hi,

I am a sleever and i have a B12 injection every 3 months,i didnt think i would need it but Mr Ackroyd informed my doctors i did,but to be honest i thought all bypassers like yourself had it .:confused:...I am sure if this isnt the case a bypass member will correct me, it may be worth having a word with your doctor.

xx

I'm starting the b12 injections this week, but they gave me a list of requirements for the multivitamin as well. Do you take a multivitamin DI?

Whilst on my pre opp diet i took tescos multivitamins & multiminerals for the over 50's.

I'm starting the b12 injections this week, but they gave me a list of requirements for the multivitamin as well. Do you take a multivitamin DI?

Too be totally honest with you,no i dont take anything,i did take bassetts blackcurrant multi vits after the operation but then they stopped making them.

I know i should take multi-vits but i am a lucky person in the sense i am never ill(she says touching wood lol)and i havent had any hair loss,well no more than i had before the op lol,so it seems my body is balanced and i dont want to tip the balance if that makes sense.
But that doesnt mean i am right in what i am doing it just means i am happy the way things are.

xx

Last edited:
I was prescribed Forceval and while the tablets are large it has stopped my hair falling out in such an alarming way (I have a lot of hair but I was still imaganing going bald).

Back