• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Multivitamins

Hey everyone,

Which multivitamin tablets do you take?

I'm currently taking 2x centrum chewables daily, Adcal and iron.
I'm just wondering if that is sufficient?!?! And if you all take similar?!?!

Hope you can help :)
Thank you lots and lots.

I take
1 x A-Z multivitamin,
1 x 200mg Ferrous Sulphate(Iron)
2 x 1500mg Adcal-D3 Chewable (Calcium & Vitamin D3)
and like Vain I have a 3 monthly B12 injection

Its not often the different doctors actually agree.

I had bypass. Used to take calcichew (calcium+d3), forceval (multivitamin) capsules and pregaday (iron and folate) tablets. This was up to last month (i was 11 months post op then) Had some changes due to blood test results.

Now taking vitamin d3 1000iud twice a day, forceval and pregaday tablets. Plus had my first b12 injection and prescribed to have it every 3 months for now.

Thank you very much for replying everybody :) I was looking at bariatric advantage and wondering if I really need it. I'm having my first b12 injection next Wednesday and my blood results have come through that I'm fine on what I'm currently taking. Your posts have reassured me :)

Thank you lots
Ali x

Gee I only take forceval soluble once a day. Gosh I'm worried now. I'll talk to nurse as I have an appointment.

I take

1 x forceval multi vit + mineral,
1 x 200mg iron three times aday
2 x adcal twice aday
1 x vit d once aday.

You get used to taking them, i was found to be iron and vit d deficient when i started the wls process at the beginning of last year

I had a sleeve and take any old multi vitamin :)

Hi - my team have told me that I will need to take 1 multivitamin and 3 calcium tablets a day of the brand made specifically for gastric sleeve patients via Vitaweight. It looks a bit pricey so I was wondering if any multivit and calcium would do...

This seems to be another one of those things where teams across the country all have different recommendations.

I had bypass in Stoke-on-Trent. The dietician recommends taking any 'A to Z' vitamin (I take Tesco own make as it's cheaper than the branded vits).

Interesting that so many of you take the calcium supplement, I'll ask about that at my next appointment.

I'm the same as you potter.

Back