• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mush stage

I enjoyed parsley sauce with mash, fish in butter sauce, tuna and mash and puréed Sunday dinner. You can also try the inside of a jacket potato with cheese, tuna or beans. You can make stew and mash it down with a fork or blend it. I'd say try anything you can slick in a blender :)

Not really. General rule of thumb for mush or soft food, is anything you can mash easily with the back of a fork :)

Great Ideas from Paula I am 4 weeks post op and I know how you feel... Baby food syndrome ... lol When I get sick of mush like you I add some stronger flavours. I tried more solid food and it hurt but now I have learnt that if I chew it well I can cope. It is just that " I am so sick of liquid and sloppy food I just want food I can chew " that is so frustrating. We all heal differently but a blender is a wonderful tool just blitz it less and see how you handle it :) Keep your chin up :)

Great Ideas from Paula I am 4 weeks post op and I know how you feel... Baby food syndrome ... lol When I get sick of mush like you I add some stronger flavours. I tried more solid food and it hurt but now I have learnt that if I chew it well I can cope. It is just that " I am so sick of liquid and sloppy food I just want food I can chew " that is so frustrating. We all heal differently but a blender is a wonderful tool just blitz it less and see how you handle it :) Keep your chin up :)

I'm looking forward to mush at the minute but I'm sure ill soon be fed up of it! I won't be risking eating any solids though, think ill just be repeating the foods I can mash with a fork. Thanks guys x

Here are some suggestions

I was already at this point limiting carbs so replaced "potato" mashed for things such as swede and carrots but these are the things suggested also by my provider . . .

- breakfast cereal such as weetabix, ready brek, oats (as long as they are ground)
- soft/runny scramled egg
-pureed chicken, quorn, minced lamb or beef, mix with a bit of gravy
- soft flaked white fish
- mashed potato
- soft mashed pasta
- thick vegetable soups
- pureed and mashed vegetables
- stewed and mashed fruit
- inch slice of very ripe melon

Sainsbury's do a good for you low fat range, and in there they do a shepherds pie, cottage pie and a fish pie, all of them good for this stage.
- make home made cottage pie using turkey mince (less fat and cals, more protein) and top with mashed swede and carrot instead of potato

Other things I had
- tinned ratatouille from tescos with soft fish
- fish in a butter/parsley sauce
-

Back