• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why...whats the difference?

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
Evening all,

Ive got to ask this question as im not sure of the correct answer to it.

Im on the mushy stage this week so im consuming anything which can be mushed with a fork. However, i need to know why i cant eat solid foods and mush them to puree in my mouth?

For example, tonight i cooked a chicken breast and whizzed it to mush in my blender, but i could not understand why i just couldnt chew it to death in my mouth?

Is the aim of this stage to ensure you dont accidently swallow a big bit of food?

I feel like this a daft question to ask, but you know me, if i dont know i have to ask!

Hi, I wasn't sure myself about this! I know that near the end of my mushy stage I was making my chew do the work. Jo x

Thank Jo, tonight my hubby had a chinese takeaway and got some free prawn crackers....they melt in the mouth and i really wanted one, but i stayed strong but its baffled me big time!

i dunno....id go for it! but then thats me!!!

Mushy foods will pass through your pouch much more easier then some foods that are too fibrous to digest and therefore will most likely too get stuck in your new pouch & also gives ur new pouch time too heal and not overdo things xxx

i wondered the same i have to say, like scrambled egg is on my mashed stage, but if u add extra milk, and cook it so its ultra soft surely thats like puree?... its very confusing!

Back