• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards

Spikeyjaycee

Hi guys. I've got an appointment with the anaethatist and dietician on 31 July and I've just sent back by psychologicial questionnaires so I don't see a problem there. My question is after I've seen dietician etc, is the next step a phone call with the op date or do I have to go back for a pre-op with bloods and swabs etc? Am just trying to get it all straight in my head! Thanks. Julie x

i had my pre op on friday an saw dietitian an anthesatist ,had swabs an bloods all done then so maybe you will get it all done same day .would think your date is pretty close good luck fingers crossed xxxxxx

Is your appointment on the 31st July your pre-op assessment (you would also be seeing the nurse?). If not, you will need to have this pre-op as they will do bloods, bp etc. I would think if this was your pre-op then you would have your op date by now as you would be given your pre-op diet as well. Maybe call to clarify?

hi i saw anaestist on 31st may and got ok then had phone call to my op date is 27th Aug and pre op on 7th Aug hope this helps?

Hi guys thanks for the replies. As far as I am aware the appt on 31 July is just for anaethatist and dietician. If it was bloods and swabs too, wouldn't it have said so in the letter?
Chucky - that is an awful long time between anaethatist and pre-op (May to Aug). Is that the norm for St Richards? I has started looking at August again for the op - now it may well be October after all.

i think i am what they class as "high risk" as i have high bmi but then i suppose we all have high bmi;)
You might be seen quicker if you are healthy.

Good luck

Forgive me if its just me, but how can being healthy affect the quickness of how soon you are seen. Surely, the higher your health problems, the more likely it is to need the surgery quicker? My BMI is 53 which I would have though was high and by BP is 148/90

Forgive me if its just me, but how can being healthy affect the quickness of how soon you are seen. Surely, the higher your health problems, the more likely it is to need the surgery quicker? My BMI is 53 which I would have though was high and by BP is 148/90
must admit i thought that too.xx

i was told that if you are higher risk you have to have special equipment avaibale just in case where as if lower risk they can slot you in as and when also cancellations.
My BMI is 65 and i have to have open surgery so mr slater has to do it hence the long wait.
Hope this clears things up a bit?
summer_sun.gif

When were you first referred to St Richards Julie? I am waiting for the list to reopen so it might give me an indiction of how long I will have to wait. Thanks everso

Fizzy

hi there i was refered in may last year(08) but dont panic. I am sure once list opens again things will move alot quicker fingers crossed.

Back