• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My confession

Sparkle-k

I had my band in October last year and my journey started off brilliantly. However, after a while I began to struggle and eventually I lost all faith in my band, and to be honest, in myself :(

I have felt like a huge failure that even after forking out £6,000 I still couldn’t lose this weight and I started to feel like a lost cause. As a result I stopped posting on here and I didn’t see my provider for 6 months.

So, here I am, ready to start again. I am pleased to report that whilst I haven’t lost much weight since having my band, I have not put any on either and that is all thanks to my band.

I just wanted to write on here as I think you are the only people who could honestly understand how I feel and not many people around me know about my band. Some people think that having surgery is the easy/lazy option, but it isn’t easy and it’s been a huge learning curve for me one of which I still haven’t mastered just yet.

I went to see my provider on Saturday and now it’s all out in the open I feel a lot better. I had a small fill which now takes me to 6.75ml in a 10ml band and hopefully I should start to feel the restriction once I’m back on solids.

Let’s get this show on the road once and for all.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Good for you in taking this step . . its not easy to admit to ourselves where we are or where we may have been, but you see where you want to be and have taken the steps to get there :)

You're right that it isn't the easy answer and I am sorry that you don't have much support around you, I understand that all too well!

Kat x

Well done you, its not easy and I am only at the early stages of this process and being banded on Saturday.

I worry all the time about not being in the zone and letting it go and if you need a buddy to go through this with, I am here.

You can do this and we can all support each other.

Its a tool but we have to do the hard work!

I dont think there are any quick fixes in life! Shame!!

Jane xx

Hey there

Its a shame I didnt know about your struggle earlier being a Romford Gal as well I would have met you for a coffee and tried to help you with your struggle. Not many ppl know about my band either. Wishing you all the best BD x

This could be me! I was banded May 2011 and have lost 3 stone 12lbs. I was planning to be a skinny minny by now and went from April until a few weeks ago without losing anything. I too avoided here, also scrapped my account on MFP and avoided my provider. I seem to be more positive and actually answered the phone to THG the other day! I have set myself a goal to do at least half an hour exercise every day whether it be wii fit or walking the dog and do nearly double that most days. I have set MFP to lose 2lb a week which says I need 1200 calories a day which I am making sure I stick to - I don't use the calories from exercise to eat more. I am off to Florida next February and am determined to lose 2 stone by then which for some may seem really easy but I will find it hard. By then I should be a comfortable size 14 and may be a 12. Don't feel a failure, it is not easy for most of us, a few fly through our weight loss but it's those that are conspicuous by our absence that are struggling. It's good that you have posted on here as it makes those who are just starting out realise its not all roses :)

Sharon x

It's only 30% help you have to do the rest and it's easy for people to judge. I think your really good coming on here ready to start your journey again, good luck stay strong you can do this have faith in yourself xxxx

Thank you all for your replies. Sharon, I am also like you - I too ignored the calls of my provider like the plague until recently. I'm feeling a lot more positive and am determined to do this now.

Made myself a smoothie this morning and got my chicken salad ready for lunch. What do people eat between meals if they get hungry? I'm thinking perhaps I need to eat 4-5 small meals a day to keep me going and stopping me from reaching for the bad snacks! I'll see how I go for now though.

Bluediamond, I didnt realise you were a Romford girl too :)

Try to avoid snacking, having 4 -5 meals a day is more like grazing.

If you really, really are hungry (not head hunger) have some fruit or a babybel light.

60 pounds is absolutely fantastic Durhamlass, you should be proud of yourself! Hopefully the hospital can give you the push you need.

Thanks Mazza. I'm writing everything down which seems to be helping so far.

This could be me! I was banded May 2011 and have lost 3 stone 12lbs. I was planning to be a skinny minny by now and went from April until a few weeks ago without losing anything. I too avoided here, also scrapped my account on MFP and avoided my provider. I seem to be more positive and actually answered the phone to THG the other day! I have set myself a goal to do at least half an hour exercise every day whether it be wii fit or walking the dog and do nearly double that most days. I have set MFP to lose 2lb a week which says I need 1200 calories a day which I am making sure I stick to - I don't use the calories from exercise to eat more. I am off to Florida next February and am determined to lose 2 stone by then which for some may seem really easy but I will find it hard. By then I should be a comfortable size 14 and may be a 12. Don't feel a failure, it is not easy for most of us, a few fly through our weight loss but it's those that are conspicuous by our absence that are struggling. It's good that you have posted on here as it makes those who are just starting out realise its not all roses :)

Sharon x
Great post and lovely advice, agree entirely. All the best for your continuing journey. Tracey xxx

I think spreading out you calories over 4-5 intervals is the way to go, your metabolism works much better this way and you know you wont have to wait too long for the next bit of fuel. This is what i do and i always save my last snack for evenings because this is where a habit of a lifetime got me in trouble. Try it any which way you can, youll suss out what works for you but never leave massive gaps in between eating, its fatal.

Kim

I think spreading out you calories over 4-5 intervals is the way to go, your metabolism works much better this way and you know you wont have to wait too long for the next bit of fuel. This is what i do and i always save my last snack for evenings because this is where a habit of a lifetime got me in trouble. Try it any which way you can, youll suss out what works for you but never leave massive gaps in between eating, its fatal.

Kim

Banders are advised to stick to 3 meals a day Kim ;)

Back