• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My first weigh in - it all started off so well too...

So since my first weigh in a week post op on 18th June i've lost a whole 12lbs.... I'm sorry but i think this sucks! I've had two weeks of no weight change...

I know we get stalls and i'm expecting it but my god it's really pissed me off! Grrrr :( :( :(

ooooo well done you!!!!! and to the hubba!!!! x

The first week or two are usually good and then it slows right down - the body in shock I think. Don't worry, it will start up again, it has to as you aren't eating enough food to maintain for long.

12 lb in such a short space of time sounds fab to me. Well done and here's to the weight loss getting going again soon.
Charis xxx

It's a brilliant start for you both... take care and loads of love xxx

Hope you dont mind me commenting but I have found that if I drink the recommended 2litres of water the weight starts moving again. I think its something to do with flushing out the toxins. Theres no need to drink more than this a day as if your anything like me you cant fit it in around the eating as we are both so early on and still recovering. Hope this helps as it did for me when I got to week three and four and found the weight wasnt moving... I know how frustrating this is and hubby has threatened to throw the weighing scales if I dont stop getting on after every wee to see if I've lost weight LOL.

Seriously try it for a few days as your body will be storing fluid due to dehydration and will make bowel openings very difficult.

Take care

Sally Xx

Thanks for that advice Maxsmum, i think you have a really good point there. Initially i was drinking lots and lots but i think i have cut down and need to reassess...

congratulations julie! 12lbs yeeeey!

Its a real bummer Julie but it happens and often at this stage. Mine lasted 3 weeks at 3 weeks. You will start again and keeping your fluids up is key to it as Maxsmum suggested. I know that feeling of dissappointment only too well especially early out and in your first stall but if you keep positive it will really help as for some there are many stalls along the way and if you're one that goes through it learning how to try and cope with it is essential as the further out you get the more likely you can think damn it and turn to food.

You are doing great just hang on in there

M

Hi Julie, I know how disappointed you are but just think if you hadn't had the op would you have lost nearly 1 stone in such a short space of time. I am sure it will start to move again soon. Please do me a favour remind me of what I have just said in a few weeks time when I am stalling lol.

I look thinner and i feel fitter so guess what? I'm not sweating the stalls... And on the plus side, my kids wii fit has me 2 stone 4lbs lighter than when i last went on it.... If only it was last week i went on it :) xx

Hey Julie 2 stones 4 pounds isn't to be sniffed at in any case...that's almost as much as \'ve EVER lost!!!!!!!
and the fact you can even go on a wiiii fit .....wow!

I'm pondering one getting one for post-op but hmmmmmmm the thought of me and all that exercise? I can't even walk to the post-box yet!

so Go YOU !!!!!

They are great fun Charis x

Hi Julie, you look good and you have a great result so far... just keep going love and never look back... we are all going to get there together... just some earlier than others...but that doesn't matter... you sound like you have an abundance of love, support and energy. Take good care xxx

Well done Julie, Im sure its not easy when you have a stall to stay positive but you seem to have it sussed :D Good for you, keep it up :D x

Back