• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i thought i had the the flu!!!HOW WRONG WAS I!!

SOON SLIM SUE

types with one finger
sorry i haven't been on here for a while.
it all started 6 weeks ago, i woke up feeling terrible all achy with flu like symptoms, well flu is going around and now it's my turn. the aches just got worse over the first 2 weeks while most of the flu symptoms got better. by the 3rd week i couldn't get out of bed in the mornings, i was and still am in agony every morning my hubby "bless him" has to literally lift me out of bed and get me down stairs where i take some of the pain killers i had left over from my op "they only took the edge off the pain" and i was better standing than sitting or laying. at this stage i was still convinced it was still the flu and my body was taking longer to get better because of the changes it's had in the last few months, but hubby was concerned so took me to the doctors where they gave me more pain killers and sent me for blood tests. results for tests said there was something wrong with my protein levels so i had to go back for an emergency appointment. it turns out i have Polymyalgia Rheumatica which is a mussel waisting illness "nothing to do with WLS" and the treatment is a high dose of steroids for one/two months then a lower dose for 1 to 2 years, and YES they are the ones that blow you up and make you fat.
so i have had about 6 months being slim and it looks like thats all i am entitled too.
and if thats not enough bad luck my dog died last week too.

sorry about the rant

Oh my word Sue, what an awful experience for you... you poor love and pets are so close to us too... sending a huge blanket of love for you to wrap around you....

Rest and take care Angel xxx

Last edited:
Aw Sue you poor thing, I really feel for you. Ive neaver heard of Polymyalgia Rheumatica but it sounds horrible and painful! Having to have steroids at this stage seems cruel to say the least!
So sorry about your poor dog too, as you know I lost my dog this year too, he was an old soldier over 20 yrs old an d it was a terrible time, still is sometimes though it does get easier. I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better but I can send you a massive virtual hug and hope that helps a little bit ((((((HUGS))))) XXXXX

Oh no Sue - what rubbish news for you. Im sorry to hear about both your diagnosis and about your dog.
Although the steroids are known to put weight on people, does it deffo mean that for everyone?
Hope you can keep your chin up x

Thinking of you and your doggy pal.....Maz x

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment
xxxx

Hi Sue - sorry to hear about your diagnosis and about the dog. Just to let you know my mum has PR and has been quite poorly with it too. She is now on steroids but on a positive note she is feeling much better and six months on the only place she has put on weight is in her face (which makes her look younger)

I do hope this treatment works for you. Hugs xx

Back