• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My HABIT which is hard to break

emma-louise

my new life!!
My bad habit...WATER!
I'm struggling like hell to drink...
I've always been like this,all my life I've drank little.
I made a very good effort the past couple of weeks to make sure my sports cup was filled all the time.
And I drank it full about 6 times a day...along with my mostly protein diet and cross trainjng exercise I was rewarded with 6lbs loss in 10 days which I was chuffed as hell with!
This morning nothing...no weightloss
I've realised I've not be very good with water again,and has this stopped the weightloss again!!
Does anyone else notice you don't lose weight if you don't drink plenty of fluids??

Definitely... Water is the key!! It flushes everything out and I swear I lose more weight on any diet when I have my two litres a day! I try and break it down into hours and if you start at 8 in the morning and have half a litre (a small bottle) every 3 hours you have done by evening time... don't drink too late as you will be up all night weeing xx

I find it very difficult to drink lots of water as well. Although I know it helps massively!! Going to the loo every two minutes is doing my nut in though :) xx

Snap!!!!!

I have never been a great drinker and am finding it hard too. I really hate the sloshy feeling of constant drinking!!!
Like Reederoo says, try to start early. I can drink more first thing so,I try to get my first 500ml done by nine and the second one by twelve. This leaves me longer to do the other litre as I find it gets harder during the afternoon evening.

It's also hard what with having to leave the 30 min gap between drinking,eating then drinking again. I'm week 4 now and to be honest it's still a daily chore but I fill my 4 bottles every morning and make myself drink.

I'm sure it wouldn't be so hard if it was wine!!!!

Hopefully it will become easier as time goes by and become natural.

Good luck :) x

Snap!!!!!

I have never been a great drinker and am finding it hard too. I really hate the sloshy feeling of constant drinking!!!
Like Reederoo says, try to start early. I can drink more first thing so,I try to get my first 500ml done by nine and the second one by twelve. This leaves me longer to do the other litre as I find it gets harder during the afternoon evening.

It's also hard what with having to leave the 30 min gap between drinking,eating then drinking again. I'm week 4 now and to be honest it's still a daily chore but I fill my 4 bottles every morning and make myself drink.

I'm sure it wouldn't be so hard if it was wine!!!!

Hopefully it will become easier as time goes by and become natural.

Good luck :) x

It's a constant juggling act...I'm over 2 and half years out from bypass and still can't get it right!

Right I am adding Tena Ladies to my list for shopping!!!!
Think I am going to need them...:)

xx

Getting the right daily fluid intake is really hard. Like you I try to get my 2lts per day. I wish I struggled with my food intake in the same way.

I just usually rely on coffee as drinks and its not the same as just drinking plain water.
Does anyone else not lose much when water has been minimal?
Apart from the obvious (water fills you up)
How does water help with weightloss?
Does it do anything with fats etc??

I am the same. The water flushes out toxins and is one of the things that helps the breakdown of fat. Also it wards off water retention.

Water doesn't fill me up. It just makes me feel sloshy and rumbly :-( I just have to make myself drink!!!
:) x

I fill up 2 750 ml bottles with nas squash and sip them at work. Then around 3-6 500ml cups of tea at night/

I'm pretty much the opposite, I've always drank loads, and it's not changed post op. I drink 2 to 3 (sometimes 4) litres a day. I honestly don't think my weightloss is any better for it. And I still suffer from fluid retention (I find swimming helps) . The only benefits seem to be that i don't get dry skin at all, and don't have 'toilet issues'.

I'm the same but I do find that if I have a bad week I do get worse retention and lower losses.

Same here. It makes me so frustrated with myself as I know in my mind that when I drink more water I lose more weight, yet I'm still struggling with this.
I've never been much of a drinker so when I drink one or two small bottles of water in a day I feel chuffed with myself, but in reality I should be drinking 6-8 bottles a day!
With summer coming up (hopefully) we need to increase our fluids even more. I guess it's a habit we should try and get into instead of accepting this bad habit lol

Back