• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My whirlwind few days....back in hospital again x

xxsarahxx

Hi everyone, i thought i'd share my experience with you all, i've posted this on the walsall massive thread but i think it's worth sharing with everyone.

As most of you know, i've been having problems with getting food and drink down. 2 tsps was my limit at best. So i took advise from many of you on here and rang Mr Khans(my consultant) secretary on wednesday last week and within 24hrs i'd got an appointment to go to the friday clinic at 11am. I was so relieved that finally i'd get some answers.
Mr Khan was as lovely as ever and was very concerned about my fluid intake, so there and then he sent me to endoscopy. Panic set in...Don't they send me an appointment throught the post for this????:eek: No was the answer to that and within half an hour i was sedated and lying on my side with the camera down my throat, Absolutely vile!!!!
When i had returned to the land of the living they told me that they couldn't do the stretch because the opening to the stomach had completely closed (due to scar tissue) and that this was very uncommon.
I was admitted to ward 12 and Mr Khan was notified of the findings. I was worried sick and wondering what they were going to do:confused:
Mr Khan sent a request down to ward 12 asking for me to have a scan, the one where you have to drink that nasty liquid, it showed that i had a trickle of fluid going through to my stomach.
Mr Khan came to see me on the saturday lunch time and explained what he was going to do. I would be going down to theatre on sunday morning to try the stretch again but if it didn't work he would re open my wound and cut a new incision at the neck of the stomach....Please god i thought, don't open me up again.
Sunday morning they were there at 8am ready to take me to theatre, i had my fingers crossed that all would go my way and i'm pleased to say it did :D:D:D.
They found the tiny hole and managed to strech it. I came home yesterday (monday) and although abit offish i can feel the improvement already. I managed 6 tbls of soup earlier, which is a miracle.
Thanks so much to all of you for your support and guidance. The last few weeks have been hell and i wouldn't have got through it without you all.
Trust your instints and don't let people fob you off x x x

Glad you are on the mend!!!! You know your own body, better than anyone, instinct is spot on!! X

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

So glad you went and everything is moving now!

I am so glad you are feeling a bit better, lets hope it is onwards and upwards for you.

I said before I did worry how little you were able to consume. I am 5 or 6 weeks behind you, and could manage so much more.

It shows it is worth pushing for answers, if you know in your heart something is not right.
Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery, Trisha xxx

Great news Sarah that your teams prompt actions and subsequent actions have solved the problems fir you. Wishing you a quick & smooth recovery with no reccurrence of the problems you've had until now.

Sorry you had the probs in the first place. You must have been very worried. Good luck going forward now and hopefully it will be plain sailing for you.
Lynne x
PS I bet you have lost loads of weight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry you had the probs in the first place. You must have been very worried. Good luck going forward now and hopefully it will be plain sailing for you.
Lynne x
PS I bet you have lost loads of weight!!!!!!!!!!!!

you found it :)

Really glad you got everything sorted, hope you continue to feel much better xxx

Thanks everyone, things are going really well and i'm managing tablespoons as apposed to teaspoons. Feels great x

Glad you are feeling better now sarah. Wow tablespoons - I don't feel such a freak now ;-)

Are you home yet, or having your grand sized meals in hospital? Welcome back if you are home xx

Originally Posted by Magsy
So glad you are on the men and thanks for posting. x

That's what I call a swift recovery, Sarah ... must be mixed wards :D:D

Welcome back Sarah, am so glad you are sorted now... Now let me correct whoever said ''onwards and upwards'', on this site it's 'onwards and downwards' lol xxx

Back