• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My head is hungry but my belly isn't!!!

tpt

Uber geek
I think I am obsessed - since my op I can't stop thinkning about cooking and recipes - ok so this may be due to the fact that we about to move (put it off for my op) and the new cottage has a range cooker which has got me all excited..and also because I am so sedentary..sitting around doing little..but OMG..all I can think about is FOOD!! Not the eating - the cooking, the planning, even the damn pots I am going to use.

Is this normal? Is it because everything is so bland right now and I may be craving flavour & spice?

Do you post banders or post bypassers fantasise about food & cooking even though you had / have absolutely no appetitite?

Top of my list is this amazing fish pie recipe that I adapted..sometimes topped with celeriac as opposed to potato..my head gets all excited but I can't get my saliva glands going :D:D

<wanders off to the kitchen to longingly gaze at the ingredients in the cupboards....>

I can totally relate to you! I have been craving the preparing of food and it is such a relief to be on the puree stage. I make fish pies, cinnamon apple sauces etc etc. Anything in the thread below and adaptations. I am loving cooking programs and fantasise about preparing meals. Part of it maybe that I have not cooked for my family in a month :sigh: so maybe my mummy muscle is feeling neglectful? The blandness is soul destroying though.

http://www.minimins.com/wls-recipes-forum/66935-food-puree-stage-soups-sauce-recipes.html

Keep on keeping on though!

Lx

Its similar to being on a diet I guess, from what I think anyhow.
You have so many new things to worry about and you can only eat specific things at the minute that you are always thinking about whats next or how to make something taste nicer. I do it on diets lol prob why i fail so much.
At least you are only fantasising and not eating :) Enjoy your new cooker you could always boil soup n water on it lol :D

Hi

Im a bander but pre and post op whilst I was on liquids I prepared almost gourmet type meals for my OH and daughter - they had never eaten so well!

I think post op its beacsue I was off work and needed the distraction but it also taught me that its just as enjoyable to prepare food for others as it is to eat it.

Have fun cooking on your range!

Maz x

I was occused by my wife of being a feeder post op. I loved getting her food done while sticking to my own diet..lol Once i realised this i did stop. Now have managed to find out how to beat the head saying i am hungry its no problem.

You'll be fine and i am sure your OH and Daughter love the food you make now..lol

yup i love to cook nice things for others now and it doesnt bother me not having any x

Its absolutely normal to get these cravings. Two weeks post bypass I was working out how to liquidise pizza! Then all of a sudden without realising, I wasnt hungry at all and as of today, I still have no appetite.

I totally agree ... all of a sudden I am mesermerized by cooking programmes. I never watched them before - never that interested. Also I have been cooking and overfeeding my family which I need to stop cos when then leave the leftovers it makes me feel bad (not hungry though it just seems such a waste!!)

Sorreee not me. The thought of cooking now is like being tortured lol. I just can't be bothered cooking or eating at the minute. Terry and kids think there throats have been cut lol. No seriously I have HAD to cook for the rest of the family but nothing exceptional just basics like roast dinners,spag bol and stews etc. Hopefully once I feel up to eating I'll get back to my normal "happy in the kitchen" self.
Good luck with the move and I hope the range brings you loads of happy cooking.

i still do it my staffy needs WLS she is loving my op now i think lol .. at first she thought she was dying but now she gets everything lol ..

i love to cook thoes of you who have me on facebook know this as i add daily pics of what im cooking lol i love it always have and always will .. i cook for friends and family now and my lodger ..

i still enjoy cooking as much as i did before my op and finding new things to do with it now .. i know i can not have the portion size i use to but most things can be frozen..

i miss bread with meals but hey ho something has to give ...

hello brett im loving the new piccy your looking well xxx

Back