• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My hospital bag list and what I really didn't need to take!

Great thread :)

Glad I found this :D

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Knickers Sports Bra Long nighties Pyjama's work better - loose waistbanded ones anyway. Slippers Toothbrush Toothpaste Shower Gel perfume Dry Mouth Spray iPhone w/Charger Meds Dressing Gown HairBrush Hair products socks sponge big towel peppermint tea ( for wind pain ) water bottle ( easier to drink out of ) They gave me cups cos they wanted to measure how much to drink also have to take my cpap body cream wet wipes (especially useful, as they wouldn't let me shower, so used these first on the smelly bits and then wiped with a sponge) Dry shampoo loose trousers loose t-shirts earplugs headphones tissues squash laptop tummy pillow (left this in the car) dress Nintendo DS (my daughter was supposed to leave this with me as she was using it while she was waiting it at the hospital. Would have been nice to have it!)
great list so far i have got Capp machine and slippers? What sort of slippers thou closed back because health and safety?

I just had my comfy ones. They didn't have any guidance.

Fantastic thread! Just one question and please forgive me if i'm being dense but what is dry mouth spray and where can I get it? I'm leaving this very late as the case is packed for the op on Monday but I might manage it.

Fantastic thread! Just one question and please forgive me if i'm being dense but what is dry mouth spray and where can I get it? I'm leaving this very late as the case is packed for the op on Monday but I might manage it.

I've got mine in boots. It was in the dental section. They also have a dry mouth wash..

But i have not used it even once :)

I've got mine in boots. It was in the dental section. They also have a dry mouth wash.. But i have not used it even once :)

I got mine in boots too. Never used it xx

Have done a shop today for things for my bag. Have new pjs and a nightdress - have bought lip balm, post op vitamins, peppermint tea and constipation tablets, and have just ordered some protein powder. I'm getting there.

I used the dry mouth spray once, it made me gag so I binned it yuck!!!

Thanks for the list as I have just started to think about what to take and was overthinking it I think..by looking at your list.. Think at one point had kitchen sink coming with me lol.. Xxx

I really liked the dry mouth spraw and found it really useful after meals as well as you can't drink straight away.

Could you make your own dry mouth spray by spraying just normal water? Debbie

Maybe.

And it may be better as the spray I have from boots shoots out in a straight line and not a spray. Lol. Thought I had a duff spray bottle. But I brought three and all shoot out the same. That's what put me off using it. And I didn't need it in the end.

xx

Great thread, really helpful and made me laugh ha ha xx

Maybe.

And it may be better as the spray I have from boots shoots out in a straight line and not a spray. Lol. Thought I had a duff spray bottle. But I brought three and all shoot out the same. That's what put me off using it. And I didn't need it in the end.

I had that too. My nightdresses got covered in the backlash. I used mine, but only pre-op when I was waiting with nothing to drink and on the first day post op when you're so dry. It lasts for ages though. It's so cheap, I'd get it just in case.

I used my dry mouth spray a fair few times the first week post op as it kept my mouth feeling fresh as with the reduced intake my mouth often felt like a badgers backside

I used my dry mouth spray a fair few times the first week post op as it kept my mouth feeling fresh as with the reduced intake my mouth often felt like a badgers backside

And no amount of cleaning your teeth gets rid of it. A small price to pay for the massive weight loss though.

Wlsurgery should be on commission.ive now gone & bought mouth spray from boots,as it sounds such a good idea.

Back