• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey from morbidly obese to over weight ( well almost to normal weight).

Miss Tickle

I'm tearful just looking at you. You look amazing. You know how much I admire you. a lesser woman would have gone right off track with the issues you've had to face this year.
Very well done my friend. Very well done indeed
xxx

penelope1008

Thanks Miss Tickle it's been a good road post op wise, family & work have been the challenge but somehow I've made it through the first year & am almost at goal. It's great to compare the before's & afters to see for myself just how far I've come as the head still lags behind the body. I'm going to try to start taking time to focus on the physical & emotional me for a while get my head straight & start to think where next especially re body image & plastics if it's even financially possible but that's a way down the line yet but I need to get things straight first.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

chillie

wow you look amazing.you are an inspiration to someone like myself who is currntly waiting to have a gastric bypass.congrats on all your hard work.

FuturePerfect

Finally in love with life
You look so much younger Penelope, well done. Shorter hair suits your new face better too!

Muttley1900

Great to see these. Thank you for sharing them and I hope you get The time to spend on the emotional and physical you.

penelope1008

Thank you all, it's been a great journey & I still have a few lbs to go to get to a healthy weight & bmi. The hospital aren't worried if I reach that considering how far I've come & don't want me obsessing on it either. But I'd like to get there if I can another 7-10lb should do it, may take a while but I'll get there excess skin may mean I never manage it but without obsessing I'll try for a while yet.

Bellydancer57

Wow you look fantastic & must feel wonderful. You are an inspiration to us all. Thx for your posts.

flutterby1966

I agree with the ladies. You are looking really fantastic and healthy. Very big well done to you x

penelope1008

Thank you all at this rate I'll never get out of the house again my head & ego will be to swollen to get out of the door. Lol

Yvessa

Hah mine is bigger! Honestly you deserve some recognition - you've not had an easy time and yet what amazing success you've had.

amanda577

I keep on saying it and I'm going to say it again!! You really are an inspiration to us all Penny.. I am so scared about my op now I actually have a date, I honestly think if I hadnt met you in person and saw how amazing you looked, and how well you cope with it, I would be running for my life right now!!

penelope1008

Thank you all.
Becky the floor is the original Victorian tiles found hidden under 2layers of tile paint, levelling cement & plastic tiles no wonder the skirting boards were rotting they were wicking the damp up through as the tiles couldn't breath. They changed from wet to dry within seconds of being exposed. Sadly we've only found enough reclaimed tiles to replace the damaged ones not the concrete slab put in by a previous owner. Renovations a work in progress dependant on time money & subsidence repairs.