• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My WLS journey starts ........NOW!!>>>

claire-anna

Thought i'd start a little thread to keep me motivated. Pre op diet starts today... So I'm in bed at the moment just wondering what things will be like in the future.

Flying out for a wrap on the 20th may :)
My diet is low calorie but I'm starting with the milk diet to give me a kick into the right direction..

Current weight 16st 2.5lbs
Any help and encouragement along the way would be fab xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

the first time i see you in real life, you will have had your op!!! woohoo xx

Caren said:
the first time i see you in real life, you will have had your op!!! woohoo xx

I know.. I can't wait to meet you :) x. Dreading going to work today.. All they do is eat.. I was pre warned when I started I would get the "admiral" ass... Unfortunately it's all on my belly.. If I had an ass I would be the happiest woman alive lol :) xx

For me, the first 3 days were hell, but since then has been fine. Just keep thinking about why you are doing it, it is worth it xx.

jenny17 said:
For me, the first 3 days were hell, but since then has been fine. Just keep thinking about why you are doing it, it is worth it xx.

I'll.. Be strong tough love and all that... I have only ate over 500kl today.. Not really hungry now..fingers crossed it will be easy like this until my op :) xx

Oh well it's been a mixture of emotions for me.... I'm in breclav hospital now... Had X-ray ultra sound and bloods completed.. Had a teary moment but ok now.... Operation tomorrow.. The nurses are fab and got a room with a balcony and it's over 20 degrees,.. Happy days :) X

Good luck! I can't wait to hear about your journey. All the best, let us know how you are when you are well enough.

New look said:
Good luck! I can't wait to hear about your journey. All the best, let us know how you are when you are well enough.

I am feeling really well... Had my moment of regret after the operation.. But I think we all do, I was in so much pain and very teary, but I was in great hands and felt looked after.

I'm not hungry one bit... And so far I have lost 17lbs from Pre op.. but I'm not eating 200kl a day don't really know if that's normal?? I'm drinking lots of fluids though

Got to have my stitches out thurs or Friday but having issues with my GP as I went private they refused to remove them :(

But so far I'm very positive... Can't wait to be slimmer and healthier and of course to have a new wardrobe lol xxx

So good to hear from you again and I hope that you sort the quack out. How was your journey home, flying etc? Did you go on your own? I'm definitely going to have it done but I'm still pondering on which days, juggling family, etc.
Good Luck.

New look said:
So good to hear from you again and I hope that you sort the quack out. How was your journey home, flying etc? Did you go on your own? I'm definitely going to have it done but I'm still pondering on which days, juggling family, etc.
Good Luck.

Journey home was a breeze... I went with cosmetic bliss so I was with 4 other lovely ladies that I met in stansted airport. They were with me for the whole surgery journey and we still keep in touch...

Have you decided where and who your going with? Xx

I am feeling really well... Had my moment of regret after the operation.. But I think we all do, I was in so much pain and very teary, but I was in great hands and felt looked after.

I'm not hungry one bit... And so far I have lost 17lbs from Pre op.. but I'm not eating 200kl a day don't really know if that's normal?? I'm drinking lots of fluids though

Got to have my stitches out thurs or Friday but having issues with my GP as I went private they refused to remove them :(

But so far I'm very positive... Can't wait to be slimmer and healthier and of course to have a new wardrobe lol xxx

I can't believe your GP wouldn't take your stitches out!! That's diabolical.....we spend years paying into the NHS and because you went private! Tsk Tsk Only because the NHS wouldn't fund you no doubt. It makes me so :mad:! I had a friend take mine out only because she is a nurse, but when I went to see my GP she asked if I wanted them taking out before I said they already had! I guess its a postcode lottery on what sort of GP you get too :sigh:

It's nice to hear that you have made new friends too. I am going to go with CB but its just the 'when' that I'm not sure about. I know that I contact CB but when do I actually pay the fees? How long would I have to wait for the op date? Do I see my own GP- What happens if he says I am unwell due to the usual reasons related to obesity, blood pressure etc? Would I loose my deposit. Thanks again for your time.

New look said:
It's nice to hear that you have made new friends too. I am going to go with CB but its just the 'when' that I'm not sure about. I know that I contact CB but when do I actually pay the fees? How long would I have to wait for the op date? Do I see my own GP- What happens if he says I am unwell due to the usual reasons related to obesity, blood pressure etc? Would I loose my deposit. Thanks again for your time.

When u book you pay £500 then the rest is payable 4 weeks before.. You can choose your date and they will arrange something around you.. :). You have to see your GP to get bloods. CB send you out a nice letter to give to GP explaining what is required.. The blood results then get sent back to CB.. If there was something wrong with your bloods then I suppose you could get the date of your surgery passed back until you get the issues sorted. They do a lot of checks on you out in Czech also to make sure u are fit and well xx

clairyb said:
I can't believe your GP wouldn't take your stitches out!! That's diabolical.....we spend years paying into the NHS and because you went private! Tsk Tsk Only because the NHS wouldn't fund you no doubt. It makes me so :mad:! I had a friend take mine out only because she is a nurse, but when I went to see my GP she asked if I wanted them taking out before I said they already had! I guess its a postcode lottery on what sort of GP you get too :sigh:

I know makes me sick!! I'm looking into private healthcare.. Don't need to see a GP regularly but when I do I'm fed up of 2 weeks waiting!!! X

Hi Claire-anna, I hope you are doing well!
I was following your journey and was about to take the plunge with cosmetic bliss, but had to take a step back as I had a few health issues.
Are you still enjoying your journey? The last time you heard from me you were giving me advice about Cosmetic Bliss and the Wrap. Thank you for your help!!!!! However, rather than paying the £500 deposit up front, then giving the paper work to my GP, I decided to go to my GP first to request a blood test just in case any hold ups etc- Like I said in my last message- Knowing my luck!
Well YES ! I was found to have severe anaemia with haemoglobin (red blood cells) measuring below 8, an unknown cause which had to be investigated. Apparently it can be quite serious as your body can go into shock as not enough oxygen can travel through the body and reach the brain. (That explains a lot! lol!) The Dr explained there’s no doctor in the world would operate on me – Typical!... 7 months later after a pelvic scan, more intimate scans, bloods, bloods, and more bloods, it was eventually put down to my age, one or two slightly longer monthly periods can amount to severe anaemia. Common knowledge but I didn’t think it could happen to me as mine are like clockwork and not heavy, but occasionally can last for 6 days instead of the usual 5, which has always been normal for me… Once you hit 40 yrs…… Lol!
Anyway a fitter me is off to the doctors again next week for a blood test, one that I have requested, as I am back on the ‘band wagon’ again and am going to be heading to Prague with Cosmetic Bliss the first chance I get, if they will have me!!!!!!!!
Please let me know how you are doing? xx

Back