• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP!

chaas101

I'm almost 4 weeks post op. so far I'm down 25lbs but this past week I haven't lost so much as a pound! I don't understand? Everyone told me that it's in the beginning when most of the weight is lost. I'm staying within the 600 calorie a day range so why isn't the weight coming off? And I've been feeling so hungry lately. Could I have already stretched out my pouch? I'm so upset. I cried when I weighed myself this morning and saw that yet again for the 4th day in a row I weighed the same. Please any advise would be helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Don't weigh daily !!!! I do and was so upset withit all the time i had a gain then stopped and lost 8lb I'm a slow loser but lost a lot pre op still bit gutted that it's just little losses but I keep trying to remember its a loss and gone forever not like when I done diets before I would te gain it all x chin up u will get there give it time x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

sorry i can't help cos i still a pre-opper but, i agree with what milly has said my love. keep your chin up you are doin really well - such a big weight loss already xx

It happened to me to I stalled for a week and even gained 2 lb one week!! It's common! Don't worry. I agree tho try not to weigh everyday or u will drive urself nuts. I weigh once a week Monday morning first thing in my pjs b4 anything crosses my lips lol. Chin up it will come off x

the same thing happened to me in week 4 and in week 5 i lost 6lb ive also stayed the same this week and im in week 8 now i happens alot and think sometimes i could do with ya time of the month i also weight myself daily im trying to stop but i cant help it so i do understand hun x

Same with me. I loss about 8 pounds a month. I started at 256 in November, and am down to 178. I notices for two or three weeks I won't loose anything, but then I loose 4-5 pounds within a couple of days. You are doing great, but have to be patient.

You are being too hard on yourself. It's still early days. DON'T weigh every day. Do it once a week max.

You may not be eating enough! a
Also, your body is still getting used to your new eating regime.
Try and relax, stick tithe rules, and the weight will come off.

Be kind to yourself.
Xxx

Get your self measured and watch the inches disappear its as good as lbs coming down on the scales. xx

Hi

It is said that the reason for this happening is because you body has been used to a huge daily food intake, now tat you have started eating such small amounts your body thinks you are starving and for a short time it will try to conserve as much energy as possible, this normaly only lasts about a week before it gives up on you finding any food and your body then starts eating into your fuel reserves, or fat as we know it.

It also happens with ordinary diets if you don't eat enough. Be patient and the weight loss will start again soon, also as said above only weigh yourself once a week at the most.

Paul

I know the mantra about not weighing every day, but I'm obsessed so I can't stop myself. However I absolutely don't mind if I don't lose for a while. Last week it was coming off at almost a pound a day; almost scary in fact! This week; nothing at all so far, but that's fine; it's what I expected to happen. I have told this analogy loads of times so stop me if you've already read it LOL but...

Your weight loss is like a flight of stairs going down. You have the down bits and the flat bits called the treads. The treads are where your body is adjusting to what is happening, before it lets go and you go onto the next down bit. So relax, don't panic and allow things to happen; they will!

Keep drinking a lot; dehydration can slow down your loss. It's hard when we're not allowed to drink with our meals but we have to find times to drink between meals to keep the fluids up!

Ruthiep said:
I know the mantra about not weighing every day, but I'm obsessed so I can't stop myself. However I absolutely don't mind if I don't lose for a while. Last week it was coming off at almost a pound a day; almost scary in fact! This week; nothing at all so far, but that's fine; it's what I expected to happen. I have told this analogy loads of times so stop me if you've already read it LOL but...

Your weight loss is like a flight of stairs going down. You have the down bits and the flat bits called the treads. The treads are where your body is adjusting to what is happening, before it lets go and you go onto the next down bit. So relax, don't panic and allow things to happen; they will!

Keep drinking a lot; dehydration can slow down your loss. It's hard when we're not allowed to drink with our meals but we have to find times to drink between meals to keep the fluids up!

I love that mantra Ruthie!! Thanks :D

Back