• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Changing my goal.

I went to see my Dr today, as I had once more been feeling rubbish, so knew i needed some more B12.
My weight has also not done much over the past month, but go up and down by the same few lbs. Which it seemed to do last time i was low on B12.

I had a very honest chat with her about my saggy skin, and how I can tell what fat and whats just skin.
So i showed her my tummy, and my legs and arms, and the top part of my boobs.

Well... I have been stressing so much recently about not loosing, and about just wanting to be a healthy bmi.. which after she weighed me, her computer said i was! And that she doesnt think I need to loose any more weight.

She told me what was left on my stomach was all skin, atleast a good couple of kilos, and what was over my ribs was also just skin :) this made me feel so much better.

I know i have some weight on my legs to come off, quite a lot of muscle, but I have decided to change my goal of 10 stone, as without surgery to remove my extra skin it will not happen.

I am a size 12, i am happy, and i am a healthy bmi. So i feel i have hit, what is for me, my target. And knowing im carrying atleast half a stone of skin, well it means i really weigh around 10 and a half stone.

I was wondering, if I could get some honest opinions on this?
As i said to my dr how much i wanted to loose just a little more, and i feel that people are only telling me i look good or have lost enough as they think thats what i want to hear (it was at this point she told me she didnt think i needed to loose more)

So here is a picture, of me now... my before is in my albums, honestg opinions please, to all of what i have said.

Thank you for reading this. :553:

.x.

Attachments

• becca1.jpg
    becca1.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 81
  • becca2.jpg
    becca2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 79
  • becca3.jpg
    becca3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 82
You look simply amazing! I would give anything to be as gorgeous and fit as you.

WOW ! just brilliant x well done x

you look amazing hun i wish i could look as good as you :D i also wish i was as young as you again lol :D

You look fantastic.

The way i see it is if you're a healthy BMI and you feel happy and comfortable with your weight as it is now then you don't need to lose any more :)

Thank you all so much for your replies.
I know i can count on people on here for honest answers.

mixxy, i think your right, if i tried to loose much more i feel i could end up looking a bit ill, im very pale and i worry i often look a bit poorly lol. Id be very interested in finding out what my body fat % is, is it something a dr can do or am i way off? anyone know?

I'm looking forward to logging on over the next few months and seeing all of your tickers melting away down!

it is really amazing to be slipping into size 12 clothes, i have never been into a shop and got myself some size 12s before now... this goes to show i was a lot bigger than that by the time i got old enough to buy my own clothes.

I wish everyone on here the best of luck, im going to be reading avidly.

Oh and liz, the very best of luck for getting the result you want with regards to your band, i read your post and i really hope they get everything sorted for you, and the next time will be the last time you have to have to have surgery

.x.

Bee I think you look lovely, and honestly, because you are pale, if you lose much more you run the risk of looking ill as you have said.

How reassuring that your GP took the time to examine you properly and let you know that there is no fat left to come off your tummy. Is she supportive of plastics? Are you intending to ask for a referral?

I think you are doing the right thing by changing your goal. Now you are healthy, you look great, and you are happy. Surely the three things we all set out to achieve when we have this surgery.

Job well done hun x

You look great and very slim. I'm just a bit taller than you and if I ever get to 155 I hope I look as great I can tell you.

M

Hi B, we've both been on this journey for the same amount of time and trust me you look fantastic! I think we have to trust our bodies and when they say that's it then that's it! You've come along way so be very proud of yourself and enjoy the new you! take care xxx

wow u look just great and healthy girl
well done you
regards Steve

You look absolutly stunning hun, well done and I really dont think you need to lose any more weight x

Throw the scales away! You look amazing! You don't look as if you need to lose anything else. Well done you, you have obviously worked really hard to get where you are today xx

wow you look totally fab, a massive well done xx

Wow! You look great. I am at the start of my journey (4 weeks post op) and stories and pictures like yours are a true inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
xxxxx

Ditto everything everyone has said especially Sam.Throw away those scales and stop wondering if you are 'there yet'You are,I worry that some people get too caught up in the number thing,if you feel and look good as everyone says then thats it you have done it!You are young go live your life like you were born yesterday,time is too short to worry about fitting an exact textbook size!Maz x

Thank you so much everyone, this website has helped me so much along the way.

Sam, the dr and I had a chat about plastics, she was supportive, and as i knew already, she said that you have to maintain your weight for around 2 years. She did say it can be very hard to get, but if you have a strong enough case it can be done. I don't know if i want children, but if i decided i do, i would want to wait untill after that anyway.

Im quite happy to be honest and open about my loose skin, I know it was something i was worried about at the start... so if anyone, would like a picture of what i have been left with on my tummy, i will share, as i know it can be a concern. But i must stress, i had sever stretch marks on my tummy and was over weight since i was atleast 14, so there was little hope of it snapping back.

I think my head just needs a little time to catch up with my body.

thank you all so much :)

.x.

Bee, I have to honest with you, YOU LOOK AMAZING! Also, when I look at your pics you look slim to me, in fact you look slimmer than I do! It just goes to show you that every single body is different and for you what is perfect is one thing which honestly you have reached it from what I can see. Enjoy having reached your goal!!!

Nic:553:

Back