• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
Hi everyone I just wanted to start a thread about my journey. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. I remember being five years old and dr or school nurse saying to my mum I had puppy fat. After my eighteenth birthday party I looked at the photos and decided I needed to join ww. I have tried ww, sw, and other various diet clubs and have managed to loose weight, sadly it has all gone back on and more. I have been going back to my dr regularly for about 4 or 5 years now trying various different diets orlistat and the likes. About 2 years ago my dr asked how I would feel about going to the obeisity clinic at our local hospital. I went there and was put on a milk diet I managed to loose 3 stone but gradually it started to creep back on. I met with the consultant and he recommended trying for funding for a bypass. I agreed and have been waiting since December. I wrote on here for peoples advice and it was recommended that I chase them, I did so and received an email yesterday to say it is going to the panel on the 12th June. I will keep you all posted on what happens next. I hope its a yes.:)

:D Only 14 more sleeps - good luck and i really hope they say yes xxx

Thanks Sue counting the days. I think I will be on edge all day that day good job I will have 31 children at school to take my mind off it.

Fingers and toes crossed for you love.

Bonita.
x

Good luck to you Sharon. I'm glad you are making a diary of events - it is interesting and helpful.

Hi Sharon, wishing you the best of luck hun.

Nic:p

Been to dr today about my other problem (depression) told her about pct meeting on 12th June. She wants to see me soon after that (15th) just in case they say no or to celebrate if they say yes. She thinks it would do me and my family the world of good if I get it.

She has started me on Orlistat again in the hopes that I can get some of the weight off before hand. She is also pleased that I am getting some exercise on my bike.

I am sure you all know what I mean when I say I went to a show last night and sat in the chair. I thought hopefully I won't feel like this much longer I am sure you have had that experience when the armrests are in your sides. Oh for a bit of space in a chair.

I was putting my winter clothes away today and was thinking to myself I wonder if I will have had my op by the time I take them out again. Let's hope so but I don't think it will be that quick.

Back