• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My knees hurt!

Brunetteandred

Officially a loser
I've moaned about it all day to everyone else, so I'm moaning here too ;) My knees are really painful and keep giving way.

My joints just can't take my weight any longer. I soooo can't wait to be a 'loser' :sigh:

Moan away I dont mind and doubt anyone on here will either!:D Can totaly sympathise with you, my knees and back are my weakest point and I really felt them especially this time of year in the cold! It has improved now I have lost the weight. Have you got a date for your surgery yet?

Hiya!

Not yet. I only had my initial appointment at the hospital on 6th Nov. The waiting list is 4 - 6 months, but my next hospital appointment is on 26th March 2009. Am counting down (as you can see below!).

I have seven steps up to my front door and I am really struggling with them. I remember how I used to have to 'bounce' the pram up and down them with spritely ease. Whilst gingerly navigating them tonight, my daughter commented that I'm like an 'old woman'. I'm 46 in December. :(

Aren't children fab?! :rolleyes:

Dont talk to me about knees :D

Ive been moaning about mine for years. i even had a operation to fix one but it make it worse. But thank god for me losing wieght they are getting less painfull now .

But they are still unstable i guess having the weight on them for an amount of time has done the damage but its all alot easier.

Praise the lord :D:D:D:D

Ohhhh hun I know what you mean I have trouble with my knees my back everything becasue of my weight, I wish I had an appointment lol god dam drs haha

Have you told the hospital you will take any cancellation appointment it can sometimes speed things up a bit...xx

Hi,

No I haven't. I'd feel a bit cheeky I think because I have only just had my initial hospital appointment and there will be many who are worse off than me.

The knee thing is getting a bit of a problem now though; stairs are a nightmare. Eeven going up to bed takes me an age. :(

Red would you try a walking stick? I use one because I have moving joint problems, and when a knee/ankle/hip is affected they are a godsend.

Are you under a rheumatologist?

I do when I have to walk any distance. I have a handrail at the front of my house but the knees just 'give'.

I'm not under anyone (ooer!) for the old knees. I'm currently seeing a cardiologist, but she is 99.8% happy she will discharge me next visit. Woohoo!

It might be worth asking your GP to refer you to one, they can atleast give you temporary relief through things like steroid injections.

I have had problems with my knees especially, since I was about five years old. When I was 7 I was diagnosed with having TB. At 21 (after many operations) they said that diagnosis was wrong, and I had juvenile arthritis. At 31 they said both diagnosis were wrong and I had HyperMobility Syndrome. A few years ago I was then told that although I do have HMS, I also have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome EDS. My right knee is totally botched from all the ops I had as a child, which only served to make matters worse. I spent over a year in hospital at one stretch.....all for nothing it seems. I also injured my back a couple of years ago on a very badly installed speed hump at my local supermarket. (I and several others still sueing for damages).

Many times my consultant has said that carrying so much weight doesn't help. He actually referred me several years ago to have a balloon put in my stomach, but I refused. I think he will be more impressed once I've had the gastric bypass.

I've only lost a stone since being on my self imposed diet, but already I notice things with my back and knees are easier, but they will never be perfect.

I'm sure you will feel better once some of the weight goes. It will happen soon.

Hugs

Hi,

No I haven't. I'd feel a bit cheeky I think because I have only just had my initial hospital appointment and there will be many who are worse off than me.

The knee thing is getting a bit of a problem now though; stairs are a nightmare. Eeven going up to bed takes me an age. :(

Its not being cheeky they will put you on a list and others will be on it too, it just helps them as well as you sometimes...they can only say no..xx

Back