• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My last month of Tier 3!

TheLargeOne

Hi,

I started my WLS journey in February this year, my starting weight was 211.3Kg. And yesterday I weighed in at 178.2Kg, which i am very happy about. I have achieved this with a combination of low-carb dieting and intermittent fasting. Along with swapping out chocolate bars for protein bars.

I am in Hampshire and on the Weigh Ahead program run by the Spire group, and I have been told my surgery will be done at the Southampton Spire hospital. I was wondering if anybody on the same program could answer some questions for me. I was wondering how long after referral from Tier 3 it takes to get the surgery, I asked my nutritional adviser and she didn't know really and suggested it could be one, two or three months.

I was also wondering if anybody has had experience of, maybe being able to pay in addition to the NHS funding to get your appointment expedited?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Ian :eek:)

Hi,

I started my WLS journey in February this year, my starting weight was 211.3Kg. And yesterday I weighed in at 178.2Kg, which i am very happy about. I have achieved this with a combination of low-carb dieting and intermittent fasting. Along with swapping out chocolate bars for protein bars.

I am in Hampshire and on the Weigh Ahead program run by the Spire group, and I have been told my surgery will be done at the Southampton Spire hospital. I was wondering if anybody on the same program could answer some questions for me. I was wondering how long after referral from Tier 3 it takes to get the surgery, I asked my nutritional adviser and she didn't know really and suggested it could be one, two or three months.

I was also wondering if anybody has had experience of, maybe being able to pay in addition to the NHS funding to get your appointment expedited?

Good to hear from you again. I had my operation under the NHS so can’t help with private enquiries but I wish you luck and look forward to your updates x

Hi,

Hiya, well done on the weight loss. Sorry I'm not from your area and don't know if you can pay to fast track you or not, maybe try and Google it if no one here can help you or phone Spire and ask them. Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi,

I went private with Spire in the northeast sorry I can’t help with working the two together. For me it was about 3 months as surgeon went on his holls between my first visit and surgery or it would have been two months

Hi,

Sorry I can’t answer your questions but couldn’t leave without offering HUGE congratulations on that fabulous weight loss, you should be very proud of yourself x

Also no answer to your question but another congratulations on the fantastic weight loss x

Back