1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
    Dismiss Notice

Tier 3 South Tees

Discussion in 'Pre-Op Diaries' started by amelia2311, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Bling Babe

Bling Babe Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4.5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(49.78%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    MrJain
    Surgery Date::
    5th April 2018
    Great weight loss
    Hope mums ok
    Merry Christmas xx

Emma1504 and Irene44 like this.
  2. Sarnie

Sarnie Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(29.49%)
    Surgery Type:
    RNY Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    Mr. P. Jambulingham ~ Luton & Dunstable Hospital
    16th April 2019
    Hope all goes well for your mum. Merry Christmas and I hope you get good news about tier 3.
    Don't say what's the point of weight loss, the point is with or without surgery, the health benefits and how it makes you feel will always make it worth it hun xx

3. Irene44

Irene44 Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(40.39%)
    Surgery Type:
    Bypass
    Funding Type:
    Private
    Consultant:
    Mr carr
    July
    Well said babe it truly is worth xx

Sarnie and Emma1504 like this.
  4. amelia2311

amelia2311 Member

Surgery Type:
    Cambridge
    You guys are right, I know :) still doing ok though busy busy busy! Christmas has begun for me - presents bought and wrapped, cards posted - on time! Decorations up (and tacky! -love it). My twins are getting so excited, they're just beginning to believe so it really is magical for them! We started doing elf on the shelf this year and they get up every morning asking where it is! Such a great ploy for making them behave(ish)!

Mum's surgery was on the 20th - they found and removed a polyp that added an hour, had to contend with a breastbone to pub is scar from her sterilisation years ago so that added nearly 2 hours and then the monitors all went off in the of her surgery so had to wait for them to get sorted too - off ward for 9 hours - no one would tell me anything for 7 (when she got into recovery) was a worry! She is doing so well though and looks more healthy than she has in years which is a surprise - perhaps the polyp was causing her lots of trouble or was super dehydrated and the fluid has helped?! She has had a few spoons of food and is doing well with her water! I'm shocked at how well she is doing to be honest. Really pleased and so happy for her!

It's going to be a week of temptation but I've no Christmas treats in the house so I shouldn't fall off too badly! :) will allow myself christmas day with no guilt though - hope everyone else has a very merry Christmas too!

5. Maria61

Maria61 Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st12.5lb(40.48%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    Mr Jain Luton and Dunstable
    19th September 2017
    Hope your mum recovers well xxx

amelia2311, Emma1504 and Irene44 like this.
  6. Irene44

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(40.39%)
    Surgery Type:
    Bypass
    Funding Type:
    Private
    Consultant:
    Mr carr
    July
    Ah that’s fab that mum is doing well :). I’m sure you see how well she does and that will help your motivation too :) have a lovely Christmas honey xxx

7. Emma1504

Emma1504 Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    24st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5.5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2.5lb(21.08%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    14th January 2019
    Great to hear Mum doing so well.
    Wishing you all a merry Christmas & happy new year x

8. Sarnie

Sarnie Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    31st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(29.49%)
    Surgery Type:
    RNY Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    Mr. P. Jambulingham ~ Luton & Dunstable Hospital
    16th April 2019
    God 7 hours without knowing what was happening must have been very tense for you, but sounds like it's all ended up really good for your mum.
    Merry Christmas to you all x

9. amelia2311

amelia2311 Member

Surgery Type:
    Cambridge
    So...still no word from the tier 3 manager! I'm only a stone away from my lowest weight with them so when I reach that if 8 haven't had a call I'm going to weigh in! I guess it's the one good thing about waiting such a long time between appointments :)

My mum has had her surgery - she looks so much better than she has for years - I'm guessing from the better controlled blood sugars (down to 8s from 18s), the polyp being removed and the fact she is doing so well keeping her fluids up! She has also lost 1 stone 11 lb - so very pleased for her (and a tiny bit envious!)

Emma1504, Irene44, Parsnip and 3 others like this.
  10. Emma1504

Start Weight:
    24st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5.5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2.5lb(21.08%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    14th January 2019
    Glad your mum is doing so well.
    I think your right keep losing as you are & they have to see your determination x

11. amelia2311

amelia2311 Member

Surgery Type:
    Cambridge
    So...I need to lose a stone from my current weight and then I will be discharged from tier 3 to tier 4!
    So relieved and even more determined than previously. The manager seemed a lot more understanding than the support worker, I've been absolutely dreading the call but it was good to be given a target and know that I've got 'one last chance'.

My mum is doing well, nearly 4 weeks now...she's maybe a little fed up of puree so happy to be moving on to more texture soon! She is down 2 stone 1 lb (she doesn't think it's enough but I think it's fab). It's been good to see her through this process and has been quite motivational. I'm trying not to eat so much in front of her cos I feel guilty.

Now to figure out what diet I'm going to follow to lose and maintain - I usually do slimming world but don't want to lose too much as past experience tells me I can lose a lot quickly but not manage to maintain it and dont want to be told I'm doing fab and get discharged to tier 2!

My twins have just started nursery full time and I'm at a loss of what to do..,I've been shopping alot but cant afford to do that every day...I guess I will have to work on all tier he diy I've been putting off or take up some sort of craft! I would ideally like to find a term time, school hours job but they are few and far between lol so will have to stick to night shifts...ergghhh!

12. Jackiesfatplan

Jackiesfatplan Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    22st2.9lb
    Surgery Type:
    Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Thats good u got one more chance i gained 20 kg right at the start of my journey ( my mam died ) so when i went bk to my appointment i had to lose the 20 kg gain plus 10 kg which they ask me for i did it hoping for a date real soon fingers crossed good luck to u id say the milk diet is good but as soon as u start eating again. It can be a bugger good luck

Irene44, Emma1504 and amelia2311 like this.
  13. amelia2311

amelia2311 Member

Surgery Type:
    Cambridge
    Thanks :) I have lost since referral from gp but gained from lowest weight on the plan! I've got a month to lose a stone so I'm not going crazy, it will be easy enough buto I know I will have months to maintain it before a date and I'm worried about yoyoing like I always do!

Irene44, Emma1504 and Parsnip like this.
  14. Bling Babe

Bling Babe Well-Known Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4.5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(49.78%)
    Surgery Type:
    Gastric Bypass
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    Consultant:
    MrJain
    5th April 2018
    It’s great that you know exactly what is expected of you now before they will move you on, you sound like your very motivated too which is fab, I’m glad mums doing so well it will be invaluable to watch her journey unfold, I would suggest using any spare time to research research research and research some more and read lots of diaries too, honestly we can never know too much about wls xx

15. amelia2311

amelia2311 Member

Surgery Type:
    Cambridge
    Thanks, I am motivated! I'm looking into some cbt/psychotherapy as I really need to sort my head hunger out lol I don't want to be a Mars bar liquidator so making a promise to myself that I will look after myself properly from now on x

16. Emma1504

Start Weight:
    24st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5.5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2.5lb(21.08%)
    Funding Type:
    NHS
    14th January 2019
    Great motivation you can do this!
    Glad your mum is doing so well x

Irene44 likes this.
  17. Irene44

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(40.39%)
    Surgery Type:
    Bypass
    Funding Type:
    Private
    Consultant:
    Mr carr
    July
    You will ace this now babe. It’s very doable for you and I know your mum will inspire you on Chick. Keep going keep posting:) xx