• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3 South Tees

I don't know if I was maybe being over sensitive cos I did come on the day after! But I just felt like he'd already made his mind up - maybe he had and that's how it works! X

Who knows x

Aw bless your heart, I hope your evidence will help with the surgeon appointment, keep in touch x

Just got the referral letter...and it's surprisingly positive - slightly confused as it doesn't read like the appointment went, even saying that the doctor was agreeable to referring me when I had to be quite assertive! It also lists my weights and shows the loss really well...so today I am feeling great and really optimistic! And very happy as I've lost half a pound even with the tumultuous week☺

Just got the referral letter...and it's surprisingly positive - slightly confused as it doesn't read like the appointment went, even saying that the doctor was agreeable to referring me when I had to be quite assertive! It also lists my weights and shows the loss really well...so today I am feeling great and really optimistic! And very happy as I've lost half a pound even with the tumultuous week☺
Excellent news, glad you're feeling more positive xx

6 months waiting time from seminar (today) until surgery :) appointments with surgeon, blood tests, heart test, another seminar and appointment with psychology between now and then! So excited...just need to maintain my loss or lose more and I think I will be having my surgery and staring my life early 2020! It's my 10 year anniversary in July 2020 and always said we'd renew our vows...maybe I will actually feel comfortable to do it...now for 6 months of getting fitter and hopefully losing some more weight so my results are better post op! X

6 months waiting time from seminar (today) until surgery :) appointments with surgeon, blood tests, heart test, another seminar and appointment with psychology between now and then! So excited...just need to maintain my loss or lose more and I think I will be having my surgery and staring my life early 2020! It's my 10 year anniversary in July 2020 and always said we'd renew our vows...maybe I will actually feel comfortable to do it...now for 6 months of getting fitter and hopefully losing some more weight so my results are better post op! X
That’s fantastic I’m so pleased for you xx

I put weight on along my weight loss journey and I really bet myself up about it.. I think I put on 4/6lbs I cried at appointments, felt like I would never get anywhere but I’m having my surgery on the 29th of this month!, don’t let anything stand in your way! Show determination and keep reminding yourself how much you want this, my husband keeps saying to me we’ve ate what we wanted and done what we’ve wanted to do for a while now, Nows the time to kick it and move on, he’s right! It’s time for a change and you can definitely do this xxx

That's good news x

Completely devastated :( Psychologist has said I can't go ahead right now because I am being assessed for Bipolar.

I understand its for my safety but he has said I have to show a period of stability of 2 years... I can't wait another 2 years!!

I was not even going to tell him that I was being assessed but thought if he found out by chance then it would be worse... Now I wish I had kept it to myself!

He gave the reason as :being assessed for bipolar so is experiencing active symptoms

I am NOT having symptoms and have NOT had any bipolar symptoms for around 3.5 years... I stupidly asked for the assessment because of things that happened 10+ years ago...i was trying to be proactive... I always feel like I'm at 75% I wanted to feel 100% and thought a different medication would help.

I can't help thinking that 2 years is far too long... What am I supposed to do... No other input has been offered. Signed off tier 3. In tier 4 with a review in 6 months... I was supposed to be having my surgery in December time now I'm not even going to be doing tests for 2 years.... How can they take this opportunity away from me. I have jumped through every hoop they've thrown (sometimes twice).

Tier 3 had been a huge disappointment and felt more like a test of will power to continue going rather than education or support... Like they wanted to see who had the staying power.... And now another obstacle.

I am looking into private surgery will need finance to cover it but doubt I could get approved for 10500ish for here L. 3200 in Turkey so with flights around 3500...my health etc is worth it but I am frustrated I have to fund myself because of this...

I'm so sorry to hear that hun, I never had to see the psychologist so never had to be worried about that, I really feel for you. Isn't there any other route you could take?x

I'm so sorry to hear that hun, I never had to see the psychologist so never had to be worried about that, I really feel for you. Isn't there any other route you could take?x

He has said he will review in 6 months but have been waiting for a call back from him after leaving a message yesterday...Ive managed to secure finance and am all booked for 8th October... Wish I had done this years ago its been so easy!

I’m so sorry this has happened, do you feel you could wait the 6 months for a review or is your heart set on going private? X

I’m so sorry this has happened, do you feel you could wait the 6 months for a review or is your heart set on going private? X

I have booked it :/ I know I should wait the 6 months but it will be 6months then 6 months waiting for appointments and ecg and seminar and meeting with surgeon... It seems that as psych has said at this time it precludes me I can't move forward with the other bits... So all seems like its geared up towards a big NO and no support between now and then I am worried my resolve will falter and I will gain what I've lost and be back at square one :(
8th October... My family think I've lost the plot but... I have waited too long already :(

Completely devastated :( Psychologist has said I can't go ahead right now because I am being assessed for Bipolar.

I understand its for my safety but he has said I have to show a period of stability of 2 years... I can't wait another 2 years!!

I was not even going to tell him that I was being assessed but thought if he found out by chance then it would be worse... Now I wish I had kept it to myself!

He gave the reason as :being assessed for bipolar so is experiencing active symptoms

I am NOT having symptoms and have NOT had any bipolar symptoms for around 3.5 years... I stupidly asked for the assessment because of things that happened 10+ years ago...i was trying to be proactive... I always feel like I'm at 75% I wanted to feel 100% and thought a different medication would help.

I can't help thinking that 2 years is far too long... What am I supposed to do... No other input has been offered. Signed off tier 3. In tier 4 with a review in 6 months... I was supposed to be having my surgery in December time now I'm not even going to be doing tests for 2 years.... How can they take this opportunity away from me. I have jumped through every hoop they've thrown (sometimes twice).

Tier 3 had been a huge disappointment and felt more like a test of will power to continue going rather than education or support... Like they wanted to see who had the staying power.... And now another obstacle.

I am looking into private surgery will need finance to cover it but doubt I could get approved for 10500ish for here L. 3200 in Turkey so with flights around 3500...my health etc is worth it but I am frustrated I have to fund myself because of this...
So sorry to hear this, it really can be so frustrating for many. Why do they want you to be stable for two years, when you are already stable now, it doesn't really make any sense, neither does reviewing you in 6 months. Anyways you've set your heart on going private now. Good luck hun x

I have booked it :/ I know I should wait the 6 months but it will be 6months then 6 months waiting for appointments and ecg and seminar and meeting with surgeon... It seems that as psych has said at this time it precludes me I can't move forward with the other bits... So all seems like its geared up towards a big NO and no support between now and then I am worried my resolve will falter and I will gain what I've lost and be back at square one :(
8th October... My family think I've lost the plot but... I have waited too long already :(
I can understand that, good luck x

You don't know hun ,it might not take two years they could fast track it because of how long you have waited already,but if your all set on going private I wish you good luck and let us know how you get on x

Argghh. Just got my letter to Dr... All sounds very positive and I meet all the criteria and they are considering me for surgery... Why do they take so long to send these out?

I spoke to the psychologist, my psychiatrist, my gp and the bariatric nurse... All positive and said no reason not to proceed, why make me think that I need to wait another 2 years... Why put that in a letter?!?!?

I'm a bit confused as to why the psychologist said I had to wait, I think he realises now that he didn't actually listen to me and made assumptions - actually apologised on the phone which never happens!

Everything is booked and prepared for me to leave on Monday... Big choices coming up - I keep swinging between yes and no!

If I stay I lose some money and have to wait for... Still no idea how long lol but save £4000...

If I go - surgery is done, I'm getting slimmer and healthier within a week, I can wear something a couple sizes smaller at Christmas but no Christmas Dinner... Hmm decisions, need to make my mind up.

Feeling positive though, what a roller coaster it is! Though I haven't gained anything I haven't lost.. But I'm taking that as a win considering the stress-may have overcome the emotional eating a little bit! Another big tick for proceeding!

That's great news hun.they must of given it some thought, at least now you have a positive answer ,hope all goes well now from this hun x

Back