• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my little blue balloon

newcy

Glad things are going well xxx

singletrack

Thanks for the update.
Glad it seems to be going OK.
Please carry on updating the thread when you can. It will be interesting to see how you get on in the long term- I am having mine fitted on Saturday!!!!

goofy07

3 weeks down and to be honest it feels no different than before. I am finding that I have to be careful as I can easily shovel more food in than I'm supposed to.!

really having to stick to the no bigger than a tea plate and take 20 minutes to eat and chew each mouthful at least 20 times and fork down between mouthfuls. Using my phone to time meals

it's going to be a long six months as I don't get much support at home!

singletrack

3 weeks down and to be honest it feels no different than before. I am finding that I have to be careful as I can easily shovel more food in than I'm supposed to.!

really having to stick to the no bigger than a tea plate and take 20 minutes to eat and chew each mouthful at least 20 times and fork down between mouthfuls. Using my phone to time meals

it's going to be a long six months as I don't get much support at home!
Try to stay strong goofy. I think having the balloon was always going to be a lifestyle change rather than a quick fix. I am sure things will get easier. It is still very early days.

goofy07

I am sat here in utter desperation this balloon lark is not going well at all.

I now feel no differently to before I had it done. Six weeks out and got my one month appointment with the dietician which will actually be 8 weeks out!!

Have contacted the hospital as it says in their leaflet that if your appetite returns to contact them. Done this, but the Drop in Clinics are full this week. So much for drop in then!!

Am feeling really desperate I thought that this was going aid my weight loss but its not doing anything. I can eat the same as I did before and am feeling hungry all the time!!! The hunger is to the point that I have pains in my stomach and growling noises!!

I feel that this is a waste of time and why did I agree to go down this route prior to surgery. I might as well have agreed to just lose more weight!!! And as for meeting their target of 5-6 stone that's not going to be any where near!!

I feel abandoned by everyone and just desperate now as the weight I know will creep back up.

So where do I go, just have to put less in my mouth and control my diet but as we all know this is not as easy as it sounds. The reason I am going for surgery in the first place is because for 30 years I have been unable to do this!!!

Apologies for my rant but I am in a rather desperate state at the moment and didnt know where else to turn!!

thanks for reading.

singletrack

Sorry you feel like this Goofy.
I am 4 weeks in and couldn't feel better. My appetite has diminished and I am feeling healthier and thinner.I still have to be careful about what I am eating, but for the first time in years I feel under control.
I have weekly calls from the clinic and can call in to see them if I like.
I hope you manage to get to see someone soon and chat things over.

goofy07

Well the balloon for me is not working so I have decided that I am either doing the milk diet or shakes for a while to get that shrunken feeling naturally.

Have appointment with dietician on Tuesday so I will be giving them my true feelings especially as when they come round in hospital they give you a load of bull!! The appointment will be nearly 8 weeks since op so much for the one month and three month appointments and to cap it all work is ***** and my mum has just had an accident and can only talk about this being the end!!!

Oh well another rant over hopefully Tuesday will be more successful and the start of new era of good fortune?!?

Nickynoodles

Aaaaww big hugs Goofy..

Hope you manage to get something sorted at your appointment ..

Keep yer chin up

Nicky xx