• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My misses is in pain.

emmarfrost

This is emmas husband. Just coming on to ask your ladies advice. Em has a lot of left hand abdominal pain and find it difficult to sit up and walk around. Is this normal has anyone else heard of this how long does it last? Should i be concerned? Thanks girls.

Hi, is she still in hospital - they'll be able to tell you I'm sure. Did she have a Bypass or a Band? She should also be on some sort of pain relief. Try not to worry (not easy I know!) xx

Hi, sorry to hear this. Is she keeping up the painkillers? I had mine done last monday and still get pain. emma only had hers yesterday so its still going to be painful. Make sure her pain relief does not run out as then it takes longer to get back in her system. I'm sure a more experienced mini will be along soon. Give her a hug from me but not too tight lol

Sorry to hear Em is not so good - it sounds alot like trapped wind. From reading lots of posts and blogs from post-opers this seems to be really common. I have read that you can take gripe water (not just for baby's). Should the pain get worse then i would ring Em's bariatric team and ask them for advice - other options are make an appointment to see the GP but i think you will find it is trapped wind and it can be very painful and with time it does get better.

If i am totally off the ball then i am sure one of our more experienced post- opers will be along soon and will point you in the right direction if i'm barking up the wrong tree.

Sending Em hugs with fairy dust to make her feel better soon x

sorry to hear Emmas not feeling too good it will more than likely be trapped wind which can be very painful and the gripe water does help I also found a hot water bottle eased it.
Sending her loads of hugs and hope she is soon feeling better.:hug99::hug99::hug99:

She had a band and was discharged this morning at 6am. her band was fitted at 10am on monday. Shes ok when still but can hardly move without assistance from me because of the pain. thanx again.x

hi, i had my bypass op 2 wks ago and was in hospital 5 nights after my bypass the first few days were total agony in exactley the same place as emma, i was comfy when laying flat on my back but the minute i moved or got up it was like having a fire ball in my stomach the pain does ease day by day, for me it was the 3/4th day after my op that there was a big difference, tell her to hang on in there and try laying on her back and im sure it will start to ease.
lisa xxx

It really is very early days for her. Her insides have been moved about, she's still got anesthetic in her system and she'll be tired. Don't worry, it will improve. Just be there for her ... and most important, if you really are worried, phone the hospital and ask for advice. Everyone recovers differently. x x

Pain after surgery of this kind is normal. It will improve on a daily basis but for now, she needs to keep taking pain meds every 4-6 hours and rest.

She has just undergone serious surgery and will be uncomfortable bending. I know that I needed help from my partner for about week after the op, things like helping me to sit up so I could stand up and putting on socks and shoes.

In a couple of days, get her to walk as much as she can as this will help with the healing and the wind, which is most likely to be the cause of her pain at this time.

It will also be beneficial in stopping clots.

Remember she is very early days and will need support and help from people around her till she is back on her feet.

I am shocked and surprised that this information was not given to you by the provider.

Tell Em not to worry....:) She will feel better by the end of the week and be closer to recovery.

The pain in her left side is where her port will be. Even now my hubby sometimes has to help me up and like I said i'm 8 days post op. When I do manage to stand I have to hold where my port is. Tell her she must take it easy. She's just had major surgery not a tooth out lol. Pain relief will help her I'm sure. What was she given when she left hospital?

Sorry to hear that Emma's not so well. I hope everything goes fine and she gets well very soon.

sorry to hear that emma's suffering a bit and if it is the trapped wind it is really really painful. I suffered quite badly with it and was in so much one day that i thought i was having a heart attack, but it does subside, just tell her to keep moving and it will improve.

oh Emma, get well soon. Not had my op yet but it does sound like wind, I suffered really badly when I was sterilized (they pump you up for that too lol) gripe water does help and a little walk as often as you can manage it

its normal for emma to be in pain at this stage, as shes just had major surgery and the gas pains will be causing the discomfort. is she up for chatting as i can pm you my phone number if she wants to have a chat with me 1 -2-1.

liz x

ive sent a pm x

:wave_cry: gutted Emma is in pain - hope you have spoken to Liz and got lots of advise. Cant beleive you only had it done yesturday and then out the next day. my god there is no messing about! Hope you feel better soon xxxxx:(

sue me and emma has had a chat and she basically needs better pain relief for starters, she is going to look into this x

Back