• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass burning is is ok?

IlonaJ

hi i recently had my bypass on the 1st feb, all went well but now i am getting a burning pain (internal) below my belly button to the left, the surface area is knumb, is this normal? has anyone else had it or do you know what it is pls anyone.......
My husband is in a bit of a panic x

Hello Angel, I had mine the day before you and get all sorts of twinges and twitches all around my tum.. particularly on the left hand side...

It could be healing... but if in doubt ring the hospital and discuss with someone to ease your mind Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

ah thanks bev, r u getting on ok with yours, i just had my staples out yesterday but the big one opened a little so went back n had some sterri strips put on, other than that n the burning im managing well x

id get it checked out then hun as the burning could be the start of an infection. the numbness is normal at they will have cut some nerves which will recover in time.

I wouldn't hestitate to ring love... we can expect healing twinges but burning should be checked out... please let us know... with you and holding your hand...

Love and hugs Angel and keep in touch xxx

just rang wendy and she siad its normal, there is a circular staple at the junction in that area and it will prob be a muscle spazam and my nerve ending being sensative, it happens to about 5% of ppl, and just said to take soiuble paracetamol, every 4 hrs and it should be gone in a few weeks, phewww panic over! thanks for your replys ladies, its nice to know others out there care xxx

Rest Angel you are doing well and take it steady... I'm here if you need me and holding your hand, it's early days, take good care, keep sipping and taking things slowly... love and hugs precious xxx

Back