• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MY NEW ADDICTION

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all getting ready for the Easter break.

Now that I'm finally dealing with my food addiction, I have been addicted to something else now!! Being off work at the moment, I'm choosing not to watch the usual day time TV but have discovered so many weight loss programmes on TV.

If you guys have SKY channels (sorry, not sure about the other channel providers) there are a few channels which I am finding extremely helpful such as:-

SKY LIVING
TLC
PICK
HOME & HEALTH

My 2 programmes that I have become addicted to are

My 600LB life (TLC)
OBESE: A year to save your life - UK & USA (PICK & SKY LIVING)

The 1st one looks at people who are nearly/over 600lbs and having Bariatric surgery changing their lives.

The 2nd one looks at losing weight the more conventional way through diet and exercise and hard work.

They are both really helping me get motivated at the moment and although the 2nd one is more traditional, it still shows how you can fall off the wagon at any stage and how to fight through those times. They also have certain challenges they use as metaphors such as going on a bungee jump to take a LEAP OF FAITH!! They are US programmes so sometimes a little cheesy but comes in as good viewing for the results!!

I've taped so many programmes (thank heavens for Sky plus!!) as I'm hoping to flick back to these when I feel demotivated or falling off the wagon. There's a new series on 600lb life TONIGHT!! Basically, I'm getting addicted to every weight loss programme going!!

Just thought I'd share this as it may help other members to either get motivated or get back on track. Hope it helps you or you enjoy it as much it's been addictive to me!!!

Happy Easter everyone and keep strong everyone.

Xx

I love the "Obese: A Year to Save My Life" ones as well. :) :)

Highly inspirational.

I don't have sky but im sure ive seen "a year to save my life"on some other channel

Back