• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Now very worried - Addiction Transfer and Slowing Weight Loss ?

If you go to the pre op diet section (I think) there is a sticky called 'what was your pre-op diet and how was it for you really?' which has lots of different diets in full detail. You may be able to find the one for your team, if not there are others to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

No answer this time. Think I'm gonna have to make up my own version of the pre-op diet ! lol

i have the pre op diet for Sunderland..... i did put it somewhere on here..... give me 5 mins to find it for you x

Milk Diet for Sunderland

Daily allowance.

2-3 pints of semi skimmed milk

2 diet yoghurts... natural or fruit flavoured

3-4 portions of fruit (you are allowed all verieties but try to include a banana, orange or grapes ech day)

Sugar free jelly (optional)

Low calorie veg soup is also allowed in moderation.

Drinks..... Water, tea, coffee and low calorie drinks or squashes are allowed freely. Sweetners are allowed.

1 small glass of fruit juice (orange,pineapple or tomato)

no other foods are to be eaten

alcohol is not allowed.

this is the correct 10 day diet for sunderland which ive just copied from my sheet when i did it.

Good luck x

Hi j.u.s.t.l.i.z.
I do have the diet, it arrived yesterday. The problem is that I can't stand milk. And I dont eat meat or fish either. I can cope with flavoured milk ok though, so I'm doing slim fast x 3, 2 portions of fruit and 1 yoghurt. Hopefully that's ok ! lol.

I will get some diet lemonade later aswell. I bought some sugar free jelly yesterday but when I tried to eat it I remembered what it was made of and how to throw it out lol

The woman I spoke to said the dietition wasn't in, but she would ask if slim fast was ok and get back to me. She didn't. I called this morning but no answer. I will try again this afternoon.

ah ok i understand.... i hope you get sorted soon x

Managed to get through to someone. They think slim fast is not ok but the dietition still not in. Grrr. Have to wait for someone to call back again. Only 8 days left. I don't know if that's enough time now !

Managed to get through to someone. They think slim fast is not ok but the dietition still not in. Grrr. Have to wait for someone to call back again. Only 8 days left. I don't know if that's enough time now !

As your not keen on just milk, How about trying the sugar free jelly ( works best in berry flavoured ones), make the jelly as normal,once it is set u can u add a portion of the jelly and some of your daily allowance of milk and whisk them together. The less milk you use it becomes like a blamange constitency ,but the more milk you use it becomes like a milkshake. Very flavoursome and totally doable in your pre op diet as your allowed milk and SF jelly........Its lush - Try it and you wont be disappointed. HTH Julie xx

wow i wish i was with sunderland. I'm doing York's pre-op diet which is just 4 slimfasts per day and nothing else except tea and coffee.

Think I might treat myself to a sugar free jelly but it does have a few carbs in and I don't want to go over my allowance. Might have a slightly smaller slimfast to make up for it.

At the moment my only treat is my orange flavoured chewable multi vitamin lol

Thanks Bluediamond. But I cant face the jellies either. How on earth did i get this big ?!!! Seems like there's nothing in the lists I can eat ! lol.

Since I found out gelatin was basically the jelly bits from bones, I couldnt face it. I made some yesterday, waiting for it to set, put a bit in a bowl, looked at it for a bit, then binned it. lol

yorkiegal if your hospital says slimfast is ok, wonder why they just told me they didnt think it was. Can you not even have fruit ?

Hi Undecided.
A couple of my friends are 3 yrs post op.
I just had a giggle when i read the milk diet sheet from Liz. I was so anxious about my liver not being shrunk enough i ate hardly anything at all ! i drank milk, had one piece of fruit a day and couldn't even get a yoghurt down as i felt so sick with fear that they wouldn't continue with the op if it was still too big. How neurotic !
If you can drink flavoured milk have you tried the no added sugar crusha (i've got banana and strawberry) its also been a godsend post op when i was struggling to get enough protein in (i didn't like puree so was just living on weetabix and milkshakes with the odd spoon of mashed potato and gravy) (not all at once tho lol eeugh)

Oh jaynefrances that sounds good. Never heard of Crusha. Ohhhhh is it the advert with the cats ?? The dietician basically said ok to the slimfast, but didnt sound impressed. I went to the shop to get some milk but it's just sat in the fridge. I couldnt face it so had another slimfast. Looking at the back though there's a lot more fat in slimfast as they obviously add veg oil to it. Is the no added sugar crusha ok to use do you think ? I had a quick look in Tesco for any kind of flavourings for milk but couldnt find any. Where did you get yours ?

Thanks Sarah Metcalf. I think I best stick as far as I can to what they gave me though. She already wasn't impressed with the fact that I dont like meat or fish, and gag with unflavoured milk. lol

Back