• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New & needing support

Sazzler

Hi I started my pre op diet Saturday, surgery on
Tuesday 26th March..... Found day one of Milk went ok, yesterday was just awful and today am so cold i can't get warm at all...... Did anyone else
find this was a problem? Whoever said this is the easy way out wants to try and walk in our shoes a mile. x :eek:

I've been cold while on the milk diet I suppose its preparing us for what's to come!!

up to around day 3/4 are the hardest on the milk diet - also a lot find this is when they get a big headache, but moving forward, it does get easier. but definitely worth it :)

The prep diet is very hard (be it milk or teeny amounts of fat/sugar free food). Best thing to remember is that it isn't so hard after the op thank goodness and that it's for a very good reason. Have a nice hot bath, sometimes that's truly the only way to get warm when you feel cold in your bones. Best of luck. Look forward to hearing about all your successes post op. x

I found yesterday, day two so hard, am at work today and its doesn't seem so bad apart from the cold. I know this is
going to be worth it and appreciate your support :)

Hi. I started my milk and yogurt diet today as well and don't find it so bad... But I have to do it for four weeks. You're absolutely right... Those who say this is the easy way out haven't a clue. Good luck. X

This blinking weather doesn't help you to feel warm though. Try dreaming of sitting in a bikini, all slim on some Caribbean island. That might warm you up a bit! Lol

I hope the time flies by for you xx

I am 3 weeks post op and still cant get warm! Cant believe how cold my feet are all of the time. Lets hope this miserable weather picks up soon x

Hi love, I'm almost 13 weeks and still struggling at times with that. Boot slippers, snuggle wrap, hot water bottle and electric blanket. Are my recommendations. Fortunately I had all these (previous house didn't have central heating). But my thoughts ate with you.

I had exactly the same, I went from not even owning a coat to being wrapped in my duvet at any opportunity, whilst on the milk diet, mine has eased off now I'm post op. I found day 4 really hard but it got easier after that x

I am 3 weeks post op and still cant get warm! Cant believe how cold my feet are all of the time. Lets hope this miserable weather picks up soon x

I'm 8 weeks post op and exactly the same. Only way is with a boil in the bag stylee bath at the end of the day and stright out into jammies and a huge fluffy dressing gown (too huge now I hasten to add!).................and the dry flaky skin!?!?! I'm considering intalling a tank and having moisturiser delivered by the tanker load! It's all good though. 4 stone gone and never coming back! : ))
You can do it m'dearys, we all can now. Doesn't mean it's going to be easy, jus easier! x

Thank you all, it means a lot to me to have people who understand and not judging my situation, oh to be treated like a normal human being and not the "Fat Bird", every sip of milk is worth it to know this time next week i will be going down for the op to change my life to as it should be.
Your all great inspirations and am pleased to have met you :)

That's exactly how I see it, every step of milk and every yoghurt is a step closer. You can do it. Hope the feeling cold situation has become better though. X

Back