• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

JUST MY LUCK..Woke up with a COLD..and having OP Tommorow!!

emma-louise

my new life!!
morning everyone,

I know its early,but excuse my lauguage...as Im
P***ed off!!
Im having my operation tommorow,and this morning Ive woke up with a cold!
My toddler has a cold I was dreadin catching it!
WELL IT HAS HAPPENED...will they cancel my operation at all,does anyone know?
So as well as having a cold,Im still bleeding from this nightmare coil(next time Im coming back as a man),and I will be having a op done too...
All I can do is laugh x

hey hun, i had a caught a cold a few days before my op, and they stil did it, as long as its not on your chest everything will be fine, also i had a tickly cough and mine stil went ahead, you will be fine huni, xxxxxxx

morning everyone,

I know its early,but excuse my lauguage...as Im
P***ed off!!
Im having my operation tommorow,and this morning Ive woke up with a cold!
My toddler has a cold I was dreadin catching it!
WELL IT HAS HAPPENED...will they cancel my operation at all,does anyone know?
So as well as having a cold,Im still bleeding from this nightmare coil(next time Im coming back as a man),and I will be having a op done too...
All I can do is laugh x

There is possibility that they will cancel as they would want u in the best of health. They wont cancel with coil (bleeding) I wouldnt have thought. Get yourself dosed up asap. xxx

Best bet would be to call them today and ask their advice.

Some hospital do cancel operations like this if you have a cold as they do not want the infection in an operating room.

Also sneezing and coughing after this kind of surgery can be, lets say a bit painful.

Ring them, best to know now rather than worry yourself silly....

OMG, arggghhhh! All I can suggest is ring & ask their advice; if it's not a heavy cold & hasn't settled on your chest you may well be alright, but each provider has their own rules. They certainly wouldn't cancel due to your bleeding though, so don't worry about that. xxx

Oh dear I hope it works out ok for you, fingers crossed.

em, your not getting out of it that easy huni, lol. is it a cold or is it abad case of the sniffles, cos sometimes we can wake up thinking we have a cold and its actually just sniffles or summat similar, see how u feel later on, but take something just in case,. lol well you did promise me your bp woudnt go up didnt you, little monkey. hugs xx

hi dawny..lol
its a runny nose,i havent got no aches but Ive had to have a lemsip,and unblock my nose with menthol
Im really scared now that they may cancel the operation,Its only a mild cold so I hope it gone by morning x

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow.
Keep yourself dosed up today and hopefully all will be well x

Just spoke to a nurse friend of mine, she said it boils down to the anaesthetist and surgeon and if they thinks it is safe to put you under. You don't have to say anything but the pre-op checks might show something.

Also if your temp is raised then there may be an issue.

She advised to call them today and see what they say.

Keep yourself warm today, take paracetamol, do inhalations (Vicks or something) lots of fluids....and you should be fine.

hey just just wishing you good luck for tomo and see you soon on the losers bench, im sure your op will go ahead, i was coughin when my anaesthetist came to check on me and as it wasnt on my chest he had no problems going ahead, doze up on lemsips and you will be fine xx

Hello.

Did you ring ur provider??? If yes what did they say to you? Hope your feeling better then u was. All the best - Julie xx

Back