• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My op at st richards is on the 27th may

orchid

:DI can't beleive it, i phoned them last week and they said that i wasn't yet on the list and to just wait for my phone call, then tuesday this week i got a phoe call from them asking if i was happy to have my op on the 27th of this month ,so of course i said oh yes, and she said come down on friday for a pre-op assesment which i did yesturday i saw diatition,anethatist,nurses,and had blood and m.r.s.a. swabs done, took 3 hours all in all, and thats it i start my milk diet one week before and go in on the 27th, just cant beleive its all happening now, just letting it sink in, i hope the rest who are waiting to go there here very soon as well,i will keep my fingers crossed for all of you, xxxxx:)

congratulations orchid, i had my consultation on the same day as you but i am waiting for bypass so it will probably take longer.
I bet your really excited and i hope everything goes really well, is shaw doing your op for you. julie.:talk017:

i'm really pleased for you, hope everything goes really well xx

hi, no if shaw was to do it i would have to wait alot longer,he has asked a mr john to do it? i havent met him yet,i will on the day,but all the surgeons down there are good i think, and thanks xxx

oh thank god for that ,i had'nt heard of him, but i have full trust in all of the team there, it would of been nice to of met him before the op day, but it dos'nt matter i know everything will be fine.x

Congratulations Orchid. Looks like things are certainly moving at St Richards. Hope all goes well for you on 27th. Best wishes. Julie x

I was done 1st April and believe me the care and attention from all angles at st richards is amazing. You are in very very safe hands, i was done by shaw himself but a couple of the others were done byMr John, i have to say he is rather handsome lol.. good luck with your op orchid xx

I was in with Mr S on the 1st April - we must of met?

Good luck with your op - Mr John has a fabulous reputation - he works quite slowly but is quite a perfectionist.

I was in with Mr S on the 1st April - we must of met?

Good luck with your op - Mr John has a fabulous reputation - he works quite slowly but is quite a perfectionist.
We must of done, i was in the bed in the corner next to the window (room with a view to the carpark!) Yes Mr John did appear to be a slow worker when i left on the saturday afternoon about 5ish he had just taken his 2nd patient down and the first was'nt back to the ward before i left. How are you doing with your op?xxx

We must of done, i was in the bed in the corner next to the window (room with a view to the carpark!) Yes Mr John did appear to be a slow worker when i left on the saturday afternoon about 5ish he had just taken his 2nd patient down and the first was'nt back to the ward before i left. How are you doing with your op?xxx

I was in the corner - having my band out - had a few probs with chest pains etc... You were meant to be going down to theatre first, then they changed it to me? Is that you?!

I am doing ok, back in a few weeks to dicuss way forwards.

How are you doing?

I was in the corner - having my band out - had a few probs with chest pains etc... You were meant to be going down to theatre first, then they changed it to me? Is that you?!

I am doing ok, back in a few weeks to dicuss way forwards.
Yep that was me, i feel great best thing i've albeit a bit weird with the eating habits but it's doing it's job very nicely. I sailed through the surgery and have had no probs since.
so whats your plan now for wls? xx

Yep that was me, i feel great best thing i've albeit a bit weird with the eating habits but it's doing it's job very nicely. I sailed through the surgery and have had no probs since.
so whats your plan now for wls? xx

Pleased to hear you are doing well. I was so impressed with St Richards - they certainly know what they are doing, and the fact that they have respect for the obese is reassuring to say the least.

I am not yet sure which way to go with further wls - need to see what Mr Somers says before making my final decision...but my BMI is still over 40 so, I do need help.

oooh great news as everyone said mr john alot slower but iv had no problems was just under a little longer im in chichester so if you need anything shout!

Back