• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Letter from Wolverhampton PCT

midnight-star

Letter arrived from Wolverhampton PCT this morning to explain the delay for ops at Walsall Hospital, it states they have recently been made aware that patients may have been waiting for surgery for some time and they are currently working with Walsall to ensure patients are given a realistic date for surgery. They are also investigating the possibility of treatment elsewhere but this would not necessarily result in surgery being available earlier. Also ststes they will contact us in a few weeks with an update.

Guess this is at least a start and that they know we are still here and waiting

Sue

Hi Sue, did they say what the waiting time may be?

Love from Bev xxx

Hi ladies, glad you had a reply. I am at the beginning of my journey with WM. I was referred in May and have seen Anna and Dr Heartland in August after I chased then early Aug as I never even had an acknowledgement of my referral. Thye alledged my referral had got lost somewhere???. It's so stressful isn't it. Well I hope you both hear soon with a date. can I ask how long you have been waiting? I am desperate to know what timescale I am looking at so I can try and switch off a little to it until near my time for an appointment.

Linskixxx

Hi Linski

Funding was approved for my op in April, I was told I was on a 16 week waiting list in May which would have meant I should have had my op around the 23rd Aug, but I have heard nothing until I started chasing earlier this week. I spoke to Romana Jack from the PCT the other day who told me that these letters would be coming out but basically we have no idea how long we will be waiting, which is a nightmare as you are frightened to make plans just in case you get a date.

I start my Masters at the end of this month and am scared that some of the modules fall on the date I end up having to go in for surgery, but I can't defer just in case I don't get a date anytime soon

Sue

I understand it will be tough decision but if they send for you couldn't you pick up your masters after or even next year? There has to be a way around it. Personally I would jump at the op and the by hook or by crook pick up my masters after.

All the best sweetheart, Linski xxxx

Sue, i hate to bear bad news but Beano went on the waiting list in January and had pre ops in May....... He is currently waiting a date and has been told he is in the next batch to get dates...

You are just going to have to knuckle in, personally i would imagine you won't be done till Christmas/New Year... However if WM are looking at other providers to get their lists down it maybe things get shifting again!

So many people, like Marie have been waiting for such a long time!

Hi Julie, Hope you are well? Do yu have any idea wht other providers WM may use? I rang Telford/ Shrewsbury hospital to see what waiting is like there and they said they use WM?

Linski xx

Hi Linski

When I spoke to Romana Jack she mentioned Hereford but we would have undergo all the assessments from the start again as they would not accept the assessments we had already under gone at Walsall

I understand it will be tough decision but if they send for you couldn't you pick up your masters after or even next year? There has to be a way around it. Personally I would jump at the op and the by hook or by crook pick up my masters after.

All the best sweetheart, Linski xxxx

Hi Linski

I can't defer my Masters, my job depends on it and work have already paid, I start at the end of Sept, I am just hoping and praying it doesn't clash at any point, but knowing my luck

Hi Lin, i have no idea what providers they use. I should imagine Telford and i know they use Heartlands too as some have already gone there!

My only concern about anyone changing who is doing their surgery would be that you may have to start the process again. But, in saying that if you have funding in progress i don't see why you cannot just go have your consultation and pre ops at a new provider... Suppose it depends on how busy the new providers are as well. I'm sure WM isn't the only hospital snowed under with wls patients....

Trev is sitting patiently waiting, at my post op appt yesterday i got the clerk to check and see if he had a post op appt on there and the answer was no! Which is surprising as Trev had a waiting list letter the same week as dawnyc and she has had her pre ops!

As it is Trevor isn't getting wound up about it like the rest of us did/have/are...

And thanks Lin i am doing marvellously, had fab appt yesterday and came out feeling like a million dollars $$$ :)

Lin/Sue? Some of us are meeting at Morrisons in Bilston tomorrow for coffee at around 1 o'clock! You are so very welcome to come join us. There are about 4 of us going and anyone else would be a bonus. You won't miss us in the cafe, i will be with Wannabeslimagain and a slim blonde who is 18 months post op and at goal currently waiting for a tt.....

Hi Julie, Got the mother - in -law for lunch so stuck at home I am afraid. I am so glad your post op went well. I am coming to the meeting next week though. I am trying to chill a little about my appointments but I am finding it impossible to be honest. Good on Trev for being so patient. If I had my Mr K appointment for March next year at least I would feel happy they aint lost me again! I have asked my GP to explore Telford Princess Royal as I am sure i read they had started doing WLS on NHS but can't remember where. I did ring Telford and Shrewsbury PALS whos kindly got a woman to ring me and she said they send all theirs to WM or Heartlands?? No wonder tehy are bogged down, there is a dyer need for this type of surgery to be undertaken and additional hospitals. I know I have read Princess Royal do them so I will wait to hear from my GP. They are maintaining the 18 week referral to op thing at the moment apparently.

See you Monday

Linski xxx

Lin, don't despair at Telford. They have always sent their own pct patients away for wls. They have recently started doing bariatric surgery again so hopefully their waiting list is not too bad :)

Back