• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My post op diary

anna2131

Hiya ll im back im 4 days post op and feel quiet well,im bit tired today as shower took it outta me but fine otherwise..I didnt need open surgery and ended up wiv 5 largish wounds one im keeping eye on as looking a bit angry today but cant complain as also i was able to have the bypass not sleeve..
The only part i found terrible was the swallow test dye reacted badly in my bowels and i lost control quiet a few times up until yesterday afternoon which i can say was the most embarrassing and shameful thing iv encountered,my hubby was brillant in helping to clean me and everything up and thankfully its stopped now!!

Im just nowon sloppy diet for 4 weeks this is the hardest part learnng to eat as i have no hunger at all so im adding marvel for proteing to all my milky drinks and cheese to my soups i can only eat a few teaspoons but its 6 times a day so not bad and today i have dropped from just under 15st to 13st 10 how chuffed am i as hardly lost any on liver diet!!
Im still taking the odd pain killer but considering its only day 4 is pretty good i did try without them and that was a silly mistake as took ages to get relief then so defo not trying that again just yet !!!

Glad you're on the road to recovery and what a fantastic result ALREADY!
I started pre-op and 16.9 and was 15.9 when I weighed this morning..... :eek::eek::eek:
I am off work til 1st Feb and would LOVE to be 14.9 when I go back!
Cant wait to hear your progress Anna
Clare xxx

i only lost 4lb on liver diet so really chuffed by the weight loss already i know it will have blips wen i dont lose but already my bmi's dropped below 40 and considering it wasnt far of 50 when i first was referrred to pct .. xx

Its a fantastic result chick! Well done and yes there will be blips....isnt there always blips in life, this is no different xxxxxx

Congratulations hope u have a smooth recovery and thats a fab weight loss to get u started xx

Hiya thats excellent news. I am also day 4 post op but have no idea if I have lost anything as I have never owned a set of scales (probably why Im as big as I am!!) I have to say the pureed stuff is quite taxing I just want to eat yorghart and pureed fruit but have been resisting and eating chicken soup etc x x x

Great news hun well dun ;) x

congrats hun how you feeling im only allowed sloppy diet for 4 weeks has to consistancy to go through a straw,im doin ok just finding 6 times a day is a bit much but doing as im told i can eat only quater of a tin of soup and few teaspoons of ready brek lol xx
Im not bad thanks just like you tired and probably confused with what can and cant be eaten haha . I do find it a struggle to eat 6 times but I know when I havnt eaten enough as I feel sick I just cant get used to all the tablets!! x

Im not bad thanks just like you tired and probably confused with what can and cant be eaten haha . I do find it a struggle to eat 6 times but I know when I havnt eaten enough as I feel sick I just cant get used to all the tablets!! x

Yer i know that feeling hun and tryna fit in tablets drinking its all bit mindblowing,so having to time wen i can drink ans wen i can eat lol but sure were get there
At least were going through it at same time socan pick each others mindsif something crops up..Oh and ivgot terribly bad wind today lol so i go for a walk round the house then i fart like a builder lol .. xx

Well had a rough nite couldn't sleep think my systems been knocked bit!! I struggled yesterday wiv cold drinks even room temp causing me pain in top of my tummy,it was suggested maybe I'm trying to drink to much,so going to take smaller sips and c if that helps!! Quiet pleased as 5 days post op and my bowels have worked normally after the probs I had for the 3 days after surgery!! I do feel quiet well just bit scared as wat a massive learning curve a bypass is even though I'd done so much research b4 hand!!! X x x

Well 2 weeks ago today i had my bypass and iv lost 21lb ,my underwaers lucky if it stays up and my clothes are hanging of me so happy happy!!
I feel so well the best iv felt in a long time ok a bit sore and tender from my wounds but yes i finally believe my surgeon and endoencrologist that is operation wud improve my disease as for last 2.5 yrs i havent felt this well!
My hubby gave me a lovely compliment yesterday he said i see you daily but i can see your stomachs getting smaller and you face and neck are becoming slim again ,i know iv heard it from others but his meant the most as he wouldnt say it unless he meant it!!
Today im of to tesco first trip out as iv been wrapped up in cotton wool by hubby as his had 3 weeks of work and dont go back until monday.
Today i start puree food so am a little nervous as researching what to eat!!

Well done - you're doing gr8! Bless your hubby, sometimes they really can come through when we need them.

Can I ask why you're under the endocrinologist? I have one as I have autoimmune thyroid disease x

Well done - you're doing gr8! Bless your hubby, sometimes they really can come through when we need them.

Can I ask why you're under the endocrinologist? I have one as I have autoimmune thyroid disease x

YEr of course you can hun i have Hashimto's thyroid disease for the last 3 yrs i went from a healthy 9st size 10 to 15st in just under 5 months hun through it,so they decided my only hope was bypass to help control what had happened to my body as im only 4ft8 and dietcians stated on my notes i did not have food related issues and cud offer no nutrional advise ..Thats why iv been lucky as my pct funding and bypass was all complete within 5 months and really feel for others that have to fight the system..
They told me when they did the op i would lose all the weight within 6 months that id gained and from whats happening they are correct because our illness is metabolic hormonal illness !!

Il be honest i did not believe them lol xx

Your doing do well Anna - lovely to hear you feeling so great , Well Done Hunni xxx

Back