• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my pre op ay Heartlands

cindy1

I went for my pre op yesterday, I had a 3 hour drive up to the hospital and was in there for about 30 mins.
They checked my weight (their scales weighed me 4kg heavier than the ones I have been using in our local Tesco?) pulse, blood pressure, took bloods listened to my chest had a brief chat and then sent me for an ECG, then I was on my way home. I thought couldn't this have been done locally and the info and results sent via email to them!

Anyway yesterday turned into a disaster.

We just got onto M6 and there was an accident further down motorway so was on a go slow for sometime then the car started to play up. Hubby managed to get us to a service station and we called the AA. We waited 3HOURS for them to turn up, Clutch broke on car, they put us on a transporter and brought us home 2and a half hours later arrived home knackered and totally fed up. The driver told us if we had stayed on the motorway they would have been with us within the hour. I started out at 8.30am and got home just after 7pm for a b****y half hour app.:mad:

Hey Cindy
what a day but its done now out of the way, keep looking towards the 16th,not long now .x

look on the bright side cindy it was 10 1/2 hours of enforced fasting lol.......

I had similar when I went (minus the car issues) was only there half hour first appointment, then the bloods got messed up so had to go back for a single blood test was in and out of the car park in 16 minutes so got charged for the car park too.... then a cancelled op on the day..... but look on the bright side its character building stuff
and what these guys are doing for us is lifechanging so us being put out a little is a small price to pay..... well except the £3 I lost for being a minute too late that is :D

Aw you poor thing, It seems on days like that once one thiong goes wrong everything decides to follow suit! lol At least its behind you now, look to your brilliant future ((HUGS)) x

Back