• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much pain after op?

hey Janice, How are you feeling today? xx

Hi lulu, much better than yesterday, still sore but not too bad feel as if I have no energy at all. I've had some runny ready brek and a smoothie today going to have soup for tea. How are you getting on? X

Hi lulu, much better than yesterday, still sore but not too bad feel as if I have no energy at all. I've had some runny ready brek and a smoothie today going to have soup for tea. How are you getting on? X

Hey Janice, I've been quite lucky- I haven't had to take any painkillers today! Do feel a bit uncomfortable when I move too quickly though! I've had some watered down custard and a weight to go milkshake. Xx

i havent felt hungry as such but sometimes i feel my belly gurgling and feel a bit light headed and then eat something. its such a surreal feeling not being hungry or wanting to eat! xx

Hey ladies!!

Hey Ladies, I am feeling a bit better. Tight chest area and some sharp shoulder pain. Have taken lactulose and had a bowel movement which has eased me up a bit. I have eaten a cup a soup and half a tin of tomato soup today, plus some water and fruit juice. I've been prescribed soluble tramadol which I've just taken, mainly as I seem to be giving myself back and neck pain when trying to make my incision zone more comfortable. I'm sure in a few days I will perk right up. I found that the half tin of soup made me feel really full, is it possible to experience restriction already?

My bariactric nurse told me that the feeling from being a bit swollen inside can give a false sense of restriction and that when everything is back to normal inside you will have room to feel a bit more hungry/eat more than you have been able to do while on liquids xx

Glad you got some stronger painkillers Sophie. I haven't eaten much either but as lulu says think its more to do with the swelling around the band x

Janice, was you the lady on the telephone? I was running around the corridor in my pj's as a guy I befriended at consultation was operated on yesterday too (mainly cos I bullied him in to it!) x

The staff yesterday were all so lovely, I did make a few comments re Sally on the questionnaire, I found once she had my money she was far less friendly and seemed to push me in to being a day patient (which my friend said she did to him as well). I was in room 19 which was right next to the nurses station. It's so nice to have some band friends from the same day (or two). xxx

I was in 31 on top floor. Yes the nurses were grt, took really good care of me. Who's Sally? I was never asked about being a day patient x

Sally is a co-ordinator - she was my first port of call when I enquired about the band. She very much persuaded me and my friend in to being day cases. I had to meet with her at consultation and whenever I rang up pre-op they transferred me to her. Did a nurse call to check on you today? My friend Kash got a call but I didn't?

Oh I had someone called Judy, haven't heard from her since booking (suppose that's their bit done) no I haven't had a call. How u feeling this evening? X

I've taken the soluble tramadol and I feel so much better! It tastes of licorice though! Bleurgh! So yeah my next week will involve lactulose and tramadol and rest! I have tons of uni work to tackle so will make the most of this week! Planning on going back to uni and work next week. So Janice where do you live and how much do you plan/need to lose? Did you have Dr Sigurdsson too? x

Hey Sophie! I'm at uni too, back to lectures on weds :(. What u studying? X

I'm at uni too! I had Dr Halstead, he was grt. I'd like to loose 3 stone to take me to healthy weight for my height. I live in halifax West Yorkshire. I'm not back at uni till end of Jan but plan on taking rest of this week off work. What have u two been told to do with your dressings? X

I'm 24 an studying history at Westminster in London but work with a disabled boy mon-weds part time (got the week off) :). I had single incision so I've been told to change my bandage in three days and they have given me a special cleaning solution to clean it with and then I'm supposed to cover it back up for another three days and then take bandage off at 10 days. What u studying? Xx

Back