• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much pain after op?

I'm doing a BA Hons in Social Work, I have categorically been told that if I turn up for lectures this week they will send me home, they want me to rest up and go back next week. So I am using this week to catch up with myself, they gave us so much work over the xmas break and what with the pre-op I have some stuff to catch up with as I didn't have the attention span or energy. I also have a 6yr old daughter and a part time job which I will have to quit in the summer.

Hi I'm having my band done at Dolan park with dr sigurdsson I'm also going to be a day case as live so close. I'm such a baby when it comes to pain lol I have got loads of dissolvable co codamol at the ready. X I hope it's not too bad :(

I'm doing a degree in early years. I've got five plaster type of dressings on, was told to just leave them alone till they fall off but they're already peeling at the edges. Isn't yours keyhole surgery? X

I was told I shouldn't shower for 3 days and then to try and keep dressings dry.. That's all I was told to be honest! Minger!!

Hi Nikkil, I have been very uncomfortable at points but we were only banded on Saturday. Once I got hold of strong pain killers I've been fine just the kids stuff they send u home with was a waste of time. The wind pain can be as painful as the incesions so make sure u get some peppermint tea and windezze but I've found getting up and down gets it up. I certainly aren't regretting it! Good luck xx

I have 3 glued undressed incisions and 2 covered ones. Also keyhole hun. I had a small band fitted with a 2ml adjustment.

How are we today band buddies? I slept well and don't feel too bad today. The nurse has phoned to check on me and said everything I'm feeling/doing is normal. Going to make some home made soup today x

hey janice im ok thanks, gonna try and make a tasty soup today too! I woke up this morning and felt really weird, like not in pain but just had no energy and felt a bit sorry for myself, had half a milkshake and a smoothie now and am feeling way better. what kind of soup are you gonna make? xx

i also got a call from my bariactric nurse and she has booked me in for my two week review and my first fill in 5 weeks time! xx

Ye no what you mean it's a strange sensation isn't it!? I might have a go at leek & potato, never made soup before! X

im just gonna have a look at what ive got, some veg and maybe defrost some meat from freezer and then blend it all together. feel like eating something home made anyway! ah well.. only 11 more days til mush lol x

Hey girls, don't know about u two but I'm sick of the sight of soup! I'm really struggling to eat it now, just makes me feel sick. I'm having smoothies & slim fast ! That's about it. I've lost 1/2 stone! How r u 2 doing? X

Hey! I'm getting bored of soup too! Have lost just over a stone which I'm chuffed with. Ever thought I could get soooo excited at the thought of mushed up food lol xx

Wow that's amazing! Ye can't wait to be able to eat foods separately instead of all blended together! Will u b starting mush a week on sat? X

Yep! A week tomorrow and counting down the days lol. How much do you want to lose? If you don't mind me asking? Id like to lose 9 more stone x

Back