• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Ramblings...

Yoghurt and jelly ehh you will feel like you are at the Ritz. Food for a queen. Really pleased to hear that have been checking regular to see what's been happening. Unlike my lil granddaughter who has been up most of the night naughty girl lol her mammy is shattered. So pleased you are on your way finally xxx enjoy the flavours and textures xx Santa has definitely come early xx

It's done!! I am exhausted but happy. Not in too much pain, mostly wind. I am sipping water but Mr Reddy wants me to move on to yoghurt and jelly so we can be sure the pouch is working.

YAY!!! :D

So happy for you!! xxx

Yay it finally happy. I think you must feel relief in that alone. You are so strong to have stuck it out through the cancelations.

Congratulations and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Excellent news. Hope you can rest well and recover quickly.

Woooooooo! So happy I could cry! I have everything crossed this the start of the rest of your life now Alex - you are a bypasser! Hope our room 420 is treating you well. Have they got you in a bariatric bed?! That would be a laugh given your circumstance - like blooming super King size for you wee thing ... Lots and lots of love and light xxxx

Oh that's wonderful news to log on to! Yay!!

Good morning Alex hoping you feel even brighter today and that the yoghurt n jelly is going well. Am on another shift starting bout 630am today so not be speaking to you till Sat lunch time when I get home, Take care and be a good girl, and hope you are soon allowed home ot your beautiful family. xxxxx

Woooohooo! Alex, this is the best news ever. Hope the wind has gone and you're on the way to heading home soon. Sending you all my love xx

Hi everyone and thank you so much for all your kind words and thoughts. I really do appreciate them all.

I came home on Friday afternoon and although I was in an incredible amount of pain, I was tolerating soup and yogurt and able to sip water which were all brilliant signs at such an early stage.

I have been shocked at how utterly exhausted I am, I did not feel like this after my Sleeve surgery; I felt tired and did not suffer with much pain. This is astounding!

If I am totally honest, I have avoided posting an update because I am not in my right mind. I feel terribly emotional and know that my body is going through a lot, causing my judgement to cloud. I didn't want to come across as negative or ungrateful. I am thrilled to be given a second chance and be alive but I am dealing with an outside interference, if that makes sense?

I know that this will pass though, I am reminding myself of that constantly and meditating to help me ride the various waves of emotion I feel. There are so many sensations that my body feels also; a bubble or a pop here, a bout of pain or bloating after you sip. I am constantly on the look our for anything untoward.

In terms of eating, well today has been hard. I am so very full all the time that its hard to get in any calorie dense fluids. A couple of sips and I am full for hours and I can feel it backing up into my oesophogus. I am not being sick at all though which I suppose is still a step in the right direction.

The pain is easing and I am trying to move around as much as possible. I will be fine, I know it and time marches in on as well all know.

Hugs. And loads of love and light. xxx

With the bypass that is the aim - to feel full all the time and not be physically able to consume any significant amounts of anything. Three to four months from now you should be back on to a normal diet, the pain will have eased, it will be Spring and you will feel whole heap better about everything. You have been through so much mentally and physically that the shock of this major surgery is enormous. Great to hear from you. So thrilled you are out the other side of all this. xxxx

Aww I am so pleased to hear that I just started a thread earlier on today. I was most concerned about you as I know you were weak and in poor health. I am overjoyed to ehar that you are home amongst your family and being ablae to eat and drink a little is amazing. You DO FEEL LIKE THAT AFTER THE OP I DID HAVE DISCOMFORT FOR A WEEK OR SO AFTER OP AFTER THAT ALL SETTLED DOWN. Just keep on with the sipping you will be swollen inside and that will take some healing after the state your insides were already in. It will take time to recover your poor body was already at alow ebb before the op, hang on in there keep up the meditation it will help you through this rough patch. xx

At the moment Alex, everything is swollen. Don't force it, just sip continuously and take breaks as you need it. A week or so will help as the swelling goes down.

Back