• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my rant and rave

tesmaralda

well where do i begin, got my self all psyched up to phone and start probing the ins and out of where my refferal is at, having been aaproved but awaiting funding, so I thought first port of call phone Dr H at walsall no response not even a answer machine, so i thought I would ring the extension for the fantastic team that helped sort out my refferal in the first place, again no answer and no mailbox either, so I thought I will ring my local PCT, no answer but a mailbox, so left a message, then I thought I would phone my GP surgery to see if they have heard anything, to be told i have to book an appointment to speak to the original dr that reffered me in the right place, so now I am mightly hacked off and still no further forward, I kinow people have had dates to various members of the team and they have had their consult after me which is great for them but I just feel so narked does nobody work on a friday let alone on friday afternoons, have been trying to get somebody to talk to me since 10.30 this morning.

I feel a tad better now, and it saves my hubby getting it in the neck cause he's to laid back and chilled to understand what the rush is and I should just sit back and wait for the much awaited letter to come through the letter box. $~O

Hi Terri I know exactly how you feel you will learn that its pointless calling on a friday, I think tuesday is the best day, mondays they are all just back at work after the weekend and grumpy or unhelpful (not all folk I know) and friday like you say no one seems to work.....chill out for now and start again next week, it was the red tape and being passed from pillar to post that drove me nuts but I got there in the end....xx

Good advice from CG, and believe me she knows what she is talking about. Take a deep breath, you will get to the bottom of this. Good luck, hope it is sorted soon.;)

Everyone is different, but I found just putting it out of my mind the best I could helped. We cannot control what is out of our control.There is so much bureaucracy in the process, it makes it harder.I'm puzzled though Terri. Why were you sent to Walsall Manor if no funding had been approved?

my GP reffered me for an appointment to see Mr Khan as I have arthritus of the spine starting, I had an appointment come through for 23 oct I saw dr heartland and he told me that I had been accepted for surgery and would be placed on the waiting list with surgery scheduled for about 5and half months time but they wopuld need to get funding from my local PCT but it wasn't a problem as they have not had any rejections yet. I was told to expect my appt for my pre op in about a months time, and would be hearing from the dietician re my pre op diet nearer the time. But originally my GP told me that if there was no funding available i wouldnt be offered an appointment let alon surgery, its taken me 12 months to get a refferal its just so frustrating as I meet all the PCTs criteria.

OMG i am impressed but p***ed off just had a phone call from the PCT its a good job cause I think I would have fallen down. I had left her a message on friday asking if she could tell me where the application for funding is at? Fairly straight forward you would think? No she rings asking what my query was, so I explained my story, she said in one breath that funding should have already been approved, hopeful no my name is not on her spread sheet so she will have to investigate further and ring me back tomorrow, she said that if I met all the criteria from the hospital and had been accepted for surgery then funding wouldn't be a problem. So i asked her if they apply for funding before that initial appointment and she said all surgeons are different and apply at different stages of the process. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! Feel a bit better now thanks

Sounds positive Terri, hope she finds you!

You are on the right track, so don't worry. This is really the hard bit getting everything approved and to the right people. Chin up, it will all come together for you.;)

well I guess I got a bit of news, as such spoke to ever such a nice lady called sue at walsall who deals with funding, it was her first day in this position and said it might take her a while, and they queried why I had missed appointments, then the penny dropped I have 2 files created 1 with my middle name and one without, so I mentioned this to sue, she said either way she would ring back before 1.30. At 1.25 I had a phone call they have located my files and yes they hadn't combined my files so the funding had been applied for in my full name, but to cut a long story short she had spoken to the women at the pct and and hopefully she would have an answer tomorrow for her but she couldnt promise as she was in a meeting all morning and sue only works til 1.30, so when I asked the question So I should know by the end of the week if funding has been approved and she said yes, but from what the pct had said there wouldn't be a problem. Can funding really be approved that quickly, should I be getting my hopes up I feel a bit better but am nervous now more than confused and peeved.

Yes funding can be very quick in some cases and in others it takes longer, no two PCT's are the same and no two people requesting funding are the same each is treated on its merits, if you meet the criteria there should not be a problem...at least you will know very soon...good luck...xx

Hi Terri I know exactly how you feel you will learn that its pointless calling on a friday, I think tuesday is the best day, mondays they are all just back at work after the weekend and grumpy or unhelpful (not all folk I know) and friday like you say no one seems to work.....chill out for now and start again next week, it was the red tape and being passed from pillar to post that drove me nuts but I got there in the end....xx

have you got a cystal ball charlie girl :8855:if only you how right you'd be about tuesday being the better day

Thanks to everyone for all their words of support and encouragement so far

Back