• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My referral has gone through and appointment booked!!!!

can i have some advise plz. i am 25 and always been told i am pretty and been loud to make up for being big at my biggest i was a size 26 now i am 18/16 and know ppl are reacting differently to me both men and women fortunatley i have amazing friends who try and give me advise but i dont know how to react to men coz i always been big how should i be???

That would be great!!! I'm excited to meet someone else who is going to the same place!!! I haven't spoken to many people from London so far on this forum, and no-one else has been from Brent/Camden!!!!

can i have some advise plz. i am 25 and always been told i am pretty and been loud to make up for being big at my biggest i was a size 26 now i am 18/16 and know ppl are reacting differently to me both men and women fortunatley i have amazing friends who try and give me advise but i dont know how to react to men coz i always been big how should i be???

You should be yourself!!! Best thing to be methinks!!!

Megg, It seems some people start to apply for funding to help hurry their little questions and answer gamessurgery I was told at the hospital they apply for it for us.

Crystal, sorry hun you don'get to ask lots of question maybe a few at the end, Most of it is answered for you and you have these little questions and answer games on the films they show you.
The room is at the very far end of all the cafes, Kirsten is really nice and so is the other one con't remeber her name right now, she is more a food diatician.
Its after this sesion they will tell you you will next get the letter for consultaion, it becomes very real, I got my letter within a week of this session.
Hugs xx

Hi Diana

I don't think we are at the same hospitals...I am at King's...lol

But it will probably be like yours anyway.

~hugs~

I guess they all had co-morbidities then or they wouldn't have been allowed it!! I need to lose around 7 stones!!!

i dont who i am any more i know that sounds stupid but i always tried to be everything everyone wanted know i dont have to make up for anything it's scary feel bout 12 again

i dont who i am any more i know that sounds stupid but i always tried to be everything everyone wanted know i dont have to make up for anything it's scary feel bout 12 again

I figure it is the kind of thing that will take time to get used to! I haven't been thin since I was 10, and I was still a little chubby then!!!! Not sure how I'll cope. I'm sure I'll manage somehow!!! ;-)

i honestly dont how they got it i think they went down the depression route to be honest seem if u play on it enough u get what u want because of the awarness of mental health problems

Ah well, let's just hope they're happy now!!!

it is amazing to be getting noticed for the right reasons but scary lol im sure i will cope tho lol

Hahaha I'm sure it's something you'll adjust to somehow!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

fingers crossed for them and for everyone who is waiting forf there op's and just hope they feel as good as i do it really has changed my life and i know it is cheesy to say

hi jai not seen u here b4, welcome x

Thanks. You too!!!

yes all the areas are different depending on availability of money, surgeons and beds but good luck to everyone.
I had my first appt. in April and my second is for 18th August which I thought wasnt bad, gives me time to get my head round it lol.

Jay xx

Hi Jay, Your 2nd appt is the day after my 2nd appt whoo hoo! :D I can't wait but like you say it gives you a bit of time, I truly feel it will be here before we know it.

Crystal, wires crossed I thought you were at Whittington with Meggimoo and myself, Im sorry your not with us never mind we are all around the same appts and dates so will beable to help each other with what the consultaions are like what the Dr may ask what questions are good ones to put to Dr who ever is first can help the others who are just behind :D Im so scared but so excited:banana dancer: .
Jai, I think you should just be yorself, you come across very nice and Im sure you are, just be like you are here, we are all here rooting for you and you can always come here and ask for advice along your way in your new slim life ;).

Oh, Regarding the surgery and deppression, I would have thought it would be harder to get surgery if your deppressed due to how you feel about yourself surly the deppression should be sorted out before the WLS?

Megg, Have you had your education session appt yet? If you have'nt when you do get to that appt you will be given leaflets with good infomation ect also it states on one of the leaflets or booklet that they like you to attend one of the walk in group sessions which the have every 3rd Thursday of the month they like you to go to at least one of these before surgery, maybe we can arrange to get to one of these together meet each other there? I would go to more but it is just a little to far for me to get to, my husband has to come with me due to my dissability and pain.
Megg, I am just over 40 too, my ticker is more right than the details on my profile, I was once 9st 3 and 5ft 10 now I think I have lost a little hight due to spine operations, apparently for my origanal hight 10st to 11st was about right? if so I need to lose 9st even 10st to be honest I would be happy with 5st anything more would be a bonus my problem is I cannot excercise maybe armchair excercise thats not enough though, never mind.
Crystal, Hope your 1st appt goes well please update us with your news :)

Take care, be bak soon :p
Hugs xx

Last edited:
Back