• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My six month check up today

phatmomma

Okay firstly i'm 7 months out from surgery. I went to my appt determined to get answers for what i consider to be a bad weight loss trip!

Firstly, since the day of surgery i have lost 26 kilos (57.2lbs). My pouch is 'normal' size and i was bypassed 1.5 metres which i believe is the max.

I explained to Mr Mirza that although it seems i've lost 10kilos since i saw them early Sept, the reality is that hardly any weight (maybe 3 or 4lbs of that) has been lost since the end of November. My weight has been up and down like a prostitutes knickers basically. He was absolutely useless, stinking useless. I thought by the time i finish i'm either gonna cry or grab him by the lapels and give him a blooming good shaking and tell him to 'listen' to me. He said and i quote ''your 7 months post op, we will look at your weight loss in Dec (2011) and know what you've lost''....... Err? What? Firstly i'm moving out of the area. Secondly i'm missing my window of opportunity. Thirdly, i'm drinking bloody slimfast for brekki n lunch so i can keep track of calories and see where i am intake wise.

Finally after me sitting and virtually refusing to move till he listened he said ''we'll have you back in 3 months'', i told him thats no good i'm moving and although i want to stay under the care of the Manor i don't want to come back in 3 months, i want answers and sorting before then. So he offered 2 months, i told him, i'm moving in 2 months that's not good for me, its another 2 months of pants loss. I explained i didn't risk my life having this surgery to sit counting calories n drinking diet drinks etc and get nowhere.

End result i'm going back in 4 weeks to see where i am with calorie counting and exercise, which i started again yesterday after giving it a miss whilst the weather/snow was so bad...

I came out feeling very frustrated and very unlistened too. My good friend suggested i ask for an appointment with my surgeon next time, and i think that's what i'll do on Monday!

On a brighter note, i went to Boots to weigh in and have lost the 4lb i had gained on the scales Tuesday. I have been eating under 1000 calories for the last three days and coping on that without much problem.

Julie I am very disappointed this has happened. I hope that you do get to see Mr Khan because you need answers. Mr Mirza is new to this area of surgery and is not going to know very much. I hope things do improve in the next month with the additional exercise and regime. As you are seeing them again in a month, if there is no improvement there is not going to be any excuse to fob you off again.

Where was Dr Hartland?

tranquil x

I cant imagine how someone who isnt as strong as you wold have got on today Julie! Good for you for refusing to be fobbed off....4 weeks isnt too bad but I cant believe they wanted you to wait till December :eek: Unbelievable! Good news on the 4lb loss :D Well done but under 1000 cals isnt good for your body is it? XX

sorry that you are having such slow losses. I always read your posts and can only imagine how this would leave me feeling. That said, you always seem so positive and upbeat, you will get there because u are so determined. I hope you get the answers you need to help boost your losses and good on you for pushing the issue with the hospital.

Well done on the loss , i hope you get an appointment with your surgeon im sure he will be more helpful , good luck with the weight loss this week xxxx

Well done on the loss Julie but you shouldn't have to do what you're doing to achieve it. :-( I do hope someone listens to you seriously enough to find out what's going on because it's sure as eggs not down to any lack of application on your part. Good luck hun. xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You know what I love about you Julie, you are so honest and up front and take no bullshit.

You could of disappeared from this site, hid in a corner a felt sorry for yourself, but instead you have taken the bull by the horns and confronted your problem head on and I say........ good for you.

You deserve some decent answers as you try so hard. A big pat on the back coming your way.

What live on slimfast till December,hes a joke!

Thank you for your support everybody...

Thing that got to me is that at no point did he tell me 'not' to have slimfast and to eat 'normally'. Yeah i've been eating under 1000 cals (just) but my protein intake has been horrific whereas carbs are atrocious, from the slimfast i suspect...

When the tubs are gone (which i reckon will be Tuesday/Wednesday next week) i will start eating meals again, although i must say i like the fact i know i just need to grab a shake and there is a lot of control having just the shake.

Thanks again folks xx

I'm glad you stuck to your guns. That took some doing! Well done, you can certainly give me some lessons on assertiveness. The guy sounds erm ineffectual is the kindest and most polite I can come up with.

I can't believe he's content to see someone who's been bypassed having to resort to flipping Slimfast. It's a flaming disgrace.

But you, my dear are a bally hero! What a courageous and inspirational lady you are. I'm so completely chuffed for you having a decent weight loss this week. I hope it continues. When are you scheduled to see a dietician? Maybe he/she can make some sense of it all?

Love n hugs
Grace xxx

ahh so sorry you had a bad day at your appointment but a very well done on your weightloss sending my love xxx

I am waiting for the dietician to 'create' a clinic for sometime early-mid February....

I've started to get moving again and am hoping this will give me the boost i need...

And for the record i am not normally one for sticking my guns with people (i'm a pushover) however i did feel at the end of my tether and wasn't going nowhere without some kind of commitment on his part....

what a horride and useless excuse for a human being! glad you stuck to your guns and i really hope you see a decent human being who knows what they are talking about and who will listen to you... Hugs xxx

Back