• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

not the best of weekends :(

barbara18

well i knew i was coming down with a cold but wasnt expecting things to get as bad as they did. my son cameron was also coming down with a cold but ever since he had phnemonia when he was a baby he has had a low imuine system, so by saturday morning he was fighting just to breathe i got him straight down the medical walk in centre to which they phoned an ambulance, took straight to north tees. as we sat for nearly nine hours waiting for them to decide if they were keeping him in or not, then told so late on the night that they were although i knew he was in best place i'd felt a little let down that they didnt tell me this earlier so i could of been prepared thankfully my mam brought me cams p.js up i unfortunatly had to sleep in my clothes, at that point i was an emotional wreck, worried for cam, beyond tired and absolutly starving as i hadnt had anything to eat. having to ask the nurse at 9.45 for a dry weetabix was so embarrasing , you sure you dont want any milk with it (full fat milk) or sugar, i was not in the mood to explain, so having put my own skimmed milk to the weetabix looking down at it i felt so sick. i think the past few days have been the hardest i feel emotianly drained even snapping at my mum for telling me what she is having to eat today while im trying to plan something my tummy can tollerate, my head is just questioning if i have done the right thing i feel i should of stuck to my original op and had the band and not the bypass. thankfully cam got discharged last night and he alot better :). so sorry for the long rant i just needed to get it off my chest much love barbara xx

Hugs x it's hard in the early days to learn how to eat when you're away from home, but it does get easier. Hope you're both feeling back to normal now x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

What a traumatic weekend for you. All that worry on top of what your body is going through cant be at all easy to cope with.
Try to take care of yourself and perhaps if you are hungry again somebody somewhere will have a yogurt you could have.
We were done around the same time so I know what you are feeling at the moment.
Lynne x

well i knew i was coming down with a cold but wasnt expecting things to get as bad as they did. my son cameron was also coming down with a cold but ever since he had phnemonia when he was a baby he has had a low imuine system, so by saturday morning he was fighting just to breathe i got him straight down the medical walk in centre to which they phoned an ambulance, took straight to north tees. as we sat for nearly nine hours waiting for them to decide if they were keeping him in or not, then told so late on the night that they were although i knew he was in best place i'd felt a little let down that they didnt tell me this earlier so i could of been prepared thankfully my mam brought me cams p.js up i unfortunatly had to sleep in my clothes, at that point i was an emotional wreck, worried for cam, beyond tired and absolutly starving as i hadnt had anything to eat. having to ask the nurse at 9.45 for a dry weetabix was so embarrasing , you sure you dont want any milk with it (full fat milk) or sugar, i was not in the mood to explain, so having put my own skimmed milk to the weetabix looking down at it i felt so sick. i think the past few days have been the hardest i feel emotianly drained even snapping at my mum for telling me what she is having to eat today while im trying to plan something my tummy can tollerate, my head is just questioning if i have done the right thing i feel i should of stuck to my original op and had the band and not the bypass. thankfully cam got discharged last night and he alot better :). so sorry for the long rant i just needed to get it off my chest much love barbara xx

sending big hugs honey , hope little man is ok . what a few days you have had, no wonder you are feeling the way you are. i think it must be a 3 week crisis we are all going through cos im having a dont know why i bothered day.
we all here for you and im sure give it a few days everything will be fine . you have made the right decision, for you, your son and your health

thank you all so much your support, it is worth its weight in gold. hopefully i will be on top form in next few days and yes christine i agree lol its gotta be a dreaded 3week curse lol, just hope nothing else gets chucked our way xxx, much love barbara x

Back