• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My surgery

NorthShore

I arrived in Belgium on 3/7/11 and had prep tests on 3/8/11. Everything was excellent. I had my rgb surgery on 3/9/11 and . I woke up a couple hours later feeling sore. The first day was a challenge, I had lower back pain and laying in bed was difficult. I was finally able to move on day 3 (had my first bowel movement! Yay) and am now in the hotel (day 4) able to move around alright. I have some pain from the incisions, and a little of what I'd call heartburn when I drink water. I am getting cold-hot flashes occasionally but all in all I think thing went very, very well. Now comes the challenge of learning to eat.

Congratulations on your surgery Hun, how's it feel to be on that loosers bench? Get plenty of rest Hun but don't forget to keep having a little walk to keep your blood flowing. Sip sip sip and I hope you have a safe jouney home xxx

I decided to stay in Belgium an extra week to minimize embolism on the long plane ride home to the Unites States. So, I'm headed back on 3/22. I'm hoping I feel well enough to take a trip to Amsterdam, London, or Paris while I'm here but I suppose that might be pushing things. This morning, I am going to the store to get a few things and I'm anxious about that! Lol I am very proud to be amongst such kind, brave men and women as yourselves! This board has helped a lot. Speaking of which - is it normal to have cold/hot flashes after surgery? Has anyone experienced that?

So glad everything went well for you love. Take it easy and rest as it will catch up with you and knock you back. xxxx

wow all the way from the states?! i had my surgery in Czech and flew home 3 days later (was just over an hours flight) and i was fine - maybe you'll get away with a short trip before the big one home x

NorthShore said:
I decided to stay in Belgium an extra week to minimize embolism on the long plane ride home to the Unites States. So, I'm headed back on 3/22. I'm hoping I feel well enough to take a trip to Amsterdam, London, or Paris while I'm here but I suppose that might be pushing things. This morning, I am going to the store to get a few things and I'm anxious about that! Lol I am very proud to be amongst such kind, brave men and women as yourselves! This board has helped a lot. Speaking of which - is it normal to have cold/hot flashes after surgery? Has anyone experienced that?

Don't try and do too much, I am 11 days post op and just about feel ready to go for a reasonable walk
Good luck with your recovery and your journey home

Yup from the U.S. - although the medical system is good, it's for profit and the cost of rny is literally 4 times the cost of going to Belgium ( and that includes the flight and hotel!) many people in the u.s. Have personal health insurance but unless you have had it you are precluded from getting it due to "pre-existing" conditions like obesity. It's ridiculous! Even if you had insurance most will only pay 80% and even with that it's less expensive to do it in the EU.

Back