• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my update!

buglady

Hi just wanted to say i went to spire again yesterday for another fill ive lost count now. Well good news is they have sort of signed me off for a good few months if my weight doesnt gain, i had a small half ml fill just a tweek taking me up to i think 11.5 mls. I lost another 4 lbs in 4 weeks so at an average of between the reccommended 1-3 lbs a week im still doing ok would of liked more but easter was rubbish i will be the first to admit my love of chocolate!! While i was there i asked a few questions some of you are discussing at the mo! I asked is the band working like a pouch she said yes but also it works on nerves where the band is wrapped around the as the food is going down it brushes more with the sides of the top of stomach causing it to trick your stomach in to thinking you are full (hope ive explained myself ok?) Also she mentioned she has just been on a semniar about bands and as we have talked about drawing all the fluid out each time we have a fill it was decided its best to just put in what is needed and not to draw the whole lot out each time as i always have been used to the reasoning to this is because when the fluid is drawn out and in it becomes uncomfortable for the patient and where the band has been as i call it( ratchett tied) when its drawn all the way out then filled back up again it sits in a different place which she said causing more movement isnt a good thing? and finally i said how long will my band last she said forever if i look after it im asuming if i dont push it to the limit and try to eat too much! So all in all a good visit im going alone now i feel i have got my head round to saying no to big portions i dont always have to take a piece of cake when its someones birthday or if i do eat half ! ive had my band for nearly 2 years now and she said today by looking at my notes and different weights up and down i should really just think ive only had my band for a year because of the 2 extra ops ive had because of leeks in the tubing. So im pleased ive lost nearly 4 stone in that time id be over the moon to loose another 4 stone in the coming year id be happy getting to 13 stone and a size 14-16 fingers crossed!! xx

Fantastic Alison - such a positive post x

Im sure you will lose that 4 stone this year

I think so too!!! You're awesome Alisonxxxx Great informative post x Good luck hunny!

Yeah...my surgeon said to me the other day that its more of a 'nerve' thing than a 'food' thing with a band. So you HAVE to listen to it otherwise you're just fooling yourself which won't work. He was VERY pro-sleeve surgery and tried hard to convince me to have one because he says its much harder to cheat after the sleeve but I'm happy with going with a band.

thanks everyone for taking the time to read i just hope i can inspire people who have had their band that little bit longer that it took us a long time to put our weight on so why should we expect it to go in next to no time we need to be patient about this! xxx

Back