• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My waiting time start to finish...

bex j88

Weight loss surgery/funding diary

I thought I'd post this for everyone just starting out as I would spend ages looking for posts like this when I first joined!
I'm with west Kent PCT and out if the list of 10 hospitals I chose st Richards in Chichester
Hope it helps x

24/9/12 funding requested
27/9/12 funding approved
4/10/12 case received and added to waiting list at st Richards
1/2/13 assessment day at st Richards
4/2/13 letter received confirming operation to be done within" a few months"
10/4/13 pre op assessment
4/5/13 operation date Mr Pring

Start to finish is 7 months exactly - needless to say im very excited that the end is now in sight!
Much love
Bex x

Ooo, thank you for sharing this... I've just been put on the waiting list at KCH for Mr. Patel, and despite them saying 'months' at the appointment I'm still being impatient!

Oct - 1st appointment with bariatric nurse and funding applied for

Nov - funding awarded

Dec - met surgeon

Jan - psychologist and dietician

Feb - surgery workshops x 2

March 18th -op - postponed due to pancreatitis

April 29th - bypass and gallbladder removal

Bexley PCT at Chelsea and Westminster

If it wasn't for my sudden pancreatitis I would have been all done and dusted in 5mths

Wish I was in Kent! Have been with West Sussex PCT jumping through hoops still no closer to having a yes or no!

Am seeing surgeon 4th June for self funded

Mine is for a tummy tuck but thought id share my story so far....

4/1/13 First visit to see a different gp after my gp was rubbish lol. Refferal made to see plastic surgeon.

31/1/13 First visit with ps who said yes he could help if i got funding :)

7/3/13 call from gp office to say doc needed to see my asap

19/3/13 GP told me funding had been approved on the 6/3/13

16/5/13 second visit to plastic surgeon to discuss op in full also had pre op assessment and medical photos done. Was told it should be done in the next 12 weeks

Possible op date 29th July but failing that mid to end August. Will update last dates when i know for sure x

Back